X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions

Are all Fill Vales created equal for a toilet. Mine is sticking and is starting to cause water hammer issues right as the tank fills....Is their a particular brand of Fill valve that I should be looking to get?

I'm sure most of you have seen the Mertordome collapsing becuase of the snow here in MN.. Well my house had 3 ft drifts on the roof....While I was clearing the roof I remember the vent pipes became full with snow.. For the last few days after we flush the toilet I hear gurgling sound in the drains. Yes I'm fairly certain its the blocked pipe

My question is will the warm air coming from the pipe eventually melt this blockage or do I need to climb up there and unclog it? How common is this in high snow areas?

Re: 2 Questions

don't know about snow as i'm still in a t-shirt

as far as ballcocks, i would stick with a fluidmaster 400 or pro-45.

these are used in 80% of all new toilets.

plus the parts are a dime a dozen and have a very long service life. also change the toilet flapper and dye test the tank water.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by fall50 View Post
      ... My question is will the warm air coming from the pipe eventually melt this blockage or do I need to climb up there and unclog it? How common is this in high snow areas?
      Even though I am routinely on roofs in all kinds of snow, deep is fun!, I would let the warm air from draining water melt the blockages.
      You likely have other vents not blocked.
      Also "venting" through your sewer line.
      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

as what Robert Gift said the warm air from the water will evenyualy unclog the vents depends on how much usage and if you use hot or cold water remember heat rises
        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

well no heat does not rise. hot air rises. heat radiates, hot to cold, always. breid............

Comment

agree fluidmaster.

agree don't worry about blocked vents; vents are highly overrated. Their only purpose is to prevent traps from being sucked dry. your gurgling may be that, may be symptom of another problem. I have yet to see any drainage problem result from a vent issue.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
              well no heat does not rise. hot air rises. heat radiates, hot to cold, always. breid............
              And when it comes to hot air ... if you're going to getechnical, heat can also be conducted.
              (Wonder if I can get my toilet bowl gas evacuator to be GREEN-powered by warm air drafting up a vent?)
              I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
              It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
              "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                And when it comes to hot air ... if you're going to getechnical, heat can also be conducted.
                (Wonder if I can get my toilet bowl gas evacuator to be GREEN-powered by warm air drafting up a vent?)
                but, in practice, most heat transfer we deal with occurs through convection.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                  heat, hot air, whats the differents both start with H
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                  X