X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faucet Manufacturers

Do any of the faucet mfg's still make a two handle faucet for bath and/or kitchen that use flat washers and repalceable seats? These seem to be the best for tenants, since the parts can be easily replaced. I'm having problems with the spring and washer type faucets, seems the renters find a way to mess them up in no time.

Re: Faucet Manufacturers

If you are willing to pay good money Chicago faucets still makes a good quality two handled faucets.

Chicago Lavatory faucet 4" Center

Chicago Kitchen faucet 8" Center with Spray

These faucets are bullet proof and a tried and true design on the cartridge. The quaturn cartridge has been around for almost a 100 years now. As you see in the picture the barrel is the seat, and the stem pulls up on the washer to stop the flow of water.

Attached Files
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

No, No, No...for tenants pick up a cheap Moen ($57) with the 1225 cartridge...the best, low cost, easy to repair and you can get a lifetime of 1225 cartridges from Moen for FREE...nothing beats this system for tenants. That's what I use in my rentals!

Don't mess with flat washers......you will WASTE your life fiddling with them in a tenant situation!

Comment

The chicago faucets of that type are have very durable stem assemblies. I have them in my schools and they get turned on and off hundreds of times a day. I like the the Moen cartridges but their facets are being made cheaper with more plastic parts that don't hold up for very long.

Comment

Personally I dont think a compression type faucet will give you any better results with durability. The users can crush/ruin the washer on the stem and they will considering what you have posted.....that would be a nightmare if the users do not pay for the repairs or the water the faucet wastes.

Consider a delta single lever faucet. The user cannot force the faucet closed and ruin a washer.

Gerber still makes a compression style faucet. The model numbers and prices are as follows....

Two handle compression lavatory faucet with cast brass pop up: Model number 07-43-431-65 approx $69.00

Two handle shower: 48-220 approx $69.00

Three handle tub/shower:#48-030 apprx $87.00

Two handle K-faucet with spray Model number...42-526 approx $75.00

Delta makes three different stems to fit their two handle faucets.....Each one is a bit better than the other. Two have a metal stem and one is 100%l plastic except for the stainless steel base. Two use seats and springs and the other one uses spring and a ceramic seat with an O ring on it.
          Last edited by TheMaster; 12-21-2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            If you are willing to pay good money Chicago faucets still makes a good quality two handled faucets.

These faucets are bullet proof and a tried and true design on the cartridge. The quaturn cartridge has been around for almost a 100 years now. As you see in the picture the barrel is the seat, and the stem pulls up on the washer to stop the flow of water.
            According to Chicago faucet Co. The quadra stem was 1st introduced in 1994.

Comment

Thnaks for the replies. I'll have to look into the Moen. I've got a few older tub faucets that use the washer and seat, haven't had any problems with replacement, I always replace the seat and the washer, all my tenants except 2 pay their own water bills, so only one building to keep an eye on for excess water usage.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                According to Chicago faucet Co. The quadra stem was 1st introduced in 1994.
                Then tell my why 90 year old homes I work in that has Chicago Faucets in them that are original to the home using quaturn stems? You better check their site again. You must not have been reading it right.

Originally posted by Chicago Faucet
                In 1913, A.C. Brown invented a cartridge that laid the cornerstone of The Chicago Faucet Company. This major breakthrough in faucet design was the patented Quaturn cartridge. The replaceable, completely self-contained cartridge was revolutionary in its ability to turn water flow off from full flow with one-quarter turn of the handle. Also unique was the way the cartridge closed with the flow of the water rather than against it, reducing washer wear and virtually eliminating drips. It was noteworthy that the cartridge was replaceable and interchangeable with other Chicago Faucets products. The Quaturn cartridge became the standard of reliability, durability, and value as a result of Chicago Faucets commitment to standardization and renewability of parts. The Quaturn cartridge has been updated over the years to incorporate new technology and materials, but is still interchangeable with any Quaturn manufactured since 1913.
                Here is the link if you want to educate yourself on the history of Chicago Faucets. http://www.chicagofaucets.com/web/ap...es/comp-prof-1

Comment

Just for anyone that may have issues with washers wearing out on the Chicago Faucets due to water quality, they do make a Ceramic cartridge now as a replacement for the Quaturn cartridge.

Attached Files

Comment

Then tell my why 90 year old homes I work in that has Chicago Faucets in them that are original to the home using quaturn stems? You better check their site again. You must not have been reading it right.

Here is the link if you want to educate yourself on the history of Chicago Faucets. http://www.chicagofaucets.com/web/ap...es/comp-prof-1

If you read the post you quoted from me again...I said according to Chicago faucet.

You might want to forward the info to their customer support/technical department where i got the info. They dont seem to know their own product as well as you do.....maybe they dont have google?

Comment

If you read the post you quoted from me again...I said according to Chicago faucet.

You might want to forward the info to their customer support/technical department where i got the info. They dont seem to know their own product as well as you do.....maybe they dont have google?
                      TheMaster, here you go again with your games. You just want to argue for the arguing sake. You did not say in your post any that you called or e-mailed the customer support/technical department, you just said according to Chicago Faucet. Just admit you pulled that year out of thin air to try and make me look like I did not know the product. I grew up with their product using it and repairing them.

As for you telling me to inform them, well I called them just now and asked them if they knew the date the quatrun cartridge was introduced. Their reply 1913. But you did say Quadra Stem, maybe you goggled a Grohe product.

Comment

TheMaster, here you go again with your games. You just want to argue for the arguing sake. You did not say in your post any that you called or e-mailed the customer support/technical department, you just said according to Chicago Faucet. Just admit you pulled that year out of thin air to try and make me look like I did not know the product. I grew up with their product using it and repairing them.

As for you telling me to inform them, well I called them just now and asked them if they knew the date the quatrun cartridge was introduced. Their reply 1913. But you did say Quadra Stem, maybe you goggled a Grohe product.
                        Look brother....i simply picked up the phone and called tech support/product info. I talked to a lady on the phone... She said they introduced quadra turn in 94........ WTH

Whats the big deal? Thats why I said...ACCORDING.....I know how tech support at most companies are not very good.....chicago faucet is no better in that department it seems.
                        Last edited by TheMaster; 12-22-2010, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Look brother....i simply picked up the phone and called tech support/product info. I talked to a lady on the phone... She said they introduced quadra turn in 94........ WTH

Whats the big deal?
                          So tell me why would you call them to find out when they introduced the Quatrun cartridge? So you can try to make it look like I did not know what I was talking about when I said it is almost a 100 years old? Also as I pointed it they do not have a product called Quadra, Grohe does though.

Lets not turn this into another pex vs rat thread. What you posted was wrong information. . I knew before I went to their website that the quaturn cartridge has been around almost a 100 years. I went to their website to get the correct information for you and posted it here. Then you get all defensive and want to start an argument, which seems was the reason for you initial post stating that "
                          According to Chicago faucet Co. The quadra stem was 1st introduced in 1994."

Comment

So tell me why would you call them to find out when they introduced the Quatrun cartridge? So you can try to make it look like I did not know what I was talking about when I said it is almost a 100 years old? Also as I pointed it they do not have a product called Quadra, Grohe does though.

Lets not turn this into another pex vs rat thread. What you posted was wrong information. . I knew before I went to their website that the quaturn cartridge has been around almost a 100 years. I went to their website to get the correct information for you and posted it here. Then you get all defensive and want to start an argument, which seems was the reason for you initial post stating that "
                            According to Chicago faucet Co. The quadra stem was 1st introduced in 1994."
                            Look the spelling doesn't matter...I called on the phone. Why did I call? because I wanted to see what chicago faucets had to say....I dont see a problem with it. I cross check information all the time and I did say.."according" because thats who told me the info.......I didn't state it as fact...only that according to chicago faucets it was introduced in 94...her exact words.

Relax...whats the big deal? I'm not atttacking anyone...but your calling me a liar saying I didn't call. I have a cell phone right beside me...whats so hard to believe i picked it up and called? I dont get it.

Comment

Look the spelling doesn't matter...I called on the phone. Why did I call? because I wanted to see what chicago faucets had to say....I dont see a problem with it. I cross check information all the time and I did say.."according" because thats who told me the info.......I didn't state it as fact...only that according to chicago faucets it was introduced in 94...her exact words.

Relax...whats the big deal? I'm not atttacking anyone...but your calling me a liar saying I didn't call. I have a cell phone right beside me...whats so hard to believe i picked it up and called? I dont get it.
                              What I am trying to understand is why you called? Is my word that its been around for almost a 100 years not enough for you? What is her name? If you called there asking about Quadra I doubt they had any idea what you where asking them. seriously Quaturn and Quadra do not sound or look anything alike.

Comment

Working...
                              X