X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold under mobile from pipe leak clog by utility room

we had the main pipe for sewage that runs under the mobile home down the driveway to street...the toliet in the bathroom was not flushing and when it did you could hear bubbling in shower drain.....it got bad a week ago...3 days ago started smelling mold in utility room built off back...pipe is under home in same general location separated by skirting of the home......I could tell the mold was coming from under the home and being sucked in through any leak it could get in...plumber came...went under house...said big pipe was leaking at a joint from pressure...he opened it and let sewage spill out under house...he snaked the entire drain solid clod all the way to the street says been like that for years...now has built up to house..etc...ok so then he put the pipe back together sealed it...however....he left the sewage he let spill out liquid and maybe solid?..under house...we asked him to spray and dilute bleach solution under where he saw mold...he said no he would put down lime......
    shouldnt he have shoveled the sewage up and sprayed the mold that had begun growing and causing the strong mold smell and then maybe put down lime...the mold smell is bad and making e sick.....I did go and open up the skirting OUTSIDE on the corner to allow ventilation......any thoughts

Re: Mold under mobile from pipe leak clog by utility room

lime is a big no-no

he should have not released all the waste water under the home, unless he had a way to capture or clean it. pulling a toilet or snaking from a roof vent would have prevented the spill.

you might need to call in a clean up company to help at this time.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

i hate to bust your bubble here, but that ain't mold that your smelling. breid.........

Comment

it IS mold...I know mold when I smell it and I am very allergic to it....so it is mold from the moisture..

I dont know if we have a roof vent in mobile home..he went under because he thought the pike
        was broken but it was leaking at the joint he said from the pressure of the flushing and all into the clogged pipe...the mold smell came up in a few days to full blown yesterday..

I added extra ventilation....why no lime?
        I read you could use lime soda under a house on the dirt to get rid of the mold and smell.

No he should have been more careful and used a container to catch the contents of the pipe....lazy.....

so why no lime you say>?

Comment

beats me why no lime. board of health here even recommends lime. hey rick why is "lime a big no-no"? breid.............

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
            beats me why no lime. board of health here even recommends lime. hey rick why is "lime a big no-no"? breid.............
            We use Hot lime in the mountain out house
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

but lime is good for sewage which is why I guess he put it under the house.....have a mold remediation person coming tomorrow....could deal with the smell of decomp more than mold!....I HATE MOLD..and I even like blue cheese!...but I hate MOLD and it smells and gives me a HEADACHE!..I hope they can fix it....it should only be around the pipe area where it was dripping?

Comment

Originally posted by invisiblemuse View Post
                but lime is good for sewage which is why I guess he put it under the house.....have a mold remediation person coming tomorrow....could deal with the smell of decomp more than mold!....I HATE MOLD..and I even like blue cheese!...but I hate MOLD and it smells and gives me a HEADACHE!..I hope they can fix it....it should only be around the pipe area where it was dripping?
                Well sorry to here about whats going on kind of gives all us plumbers a bad name in a way there should have been a beter way to rod the line but again I am not there to see and its easy for me to say sorry had to add that
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

no pictures.....but someone is coming to look today hopefully they can and will fix it......really....seriously...

Comment

I have used "barn lime" in the stalls for the animals when it get rank in there in the winter,

http://fiascofarm.com/goats/flies.html
                    2. You can "lime" your barn by sprinkling it on the floor. Lime will keep down the flies by making an inhospitable breeding environment.

On lime... this is important.

There are two different kinds of lime.

Hydrated lime, slake lime, or "burn lime"- This is pure white. Hydrated lime is very caustic, so the bag will have a warning on it. This is the kind of lime you use for white wash . This lime will burn you and your livestock. Do not use it on the floor. Do not breath it.

Agricultural lime, "ag lime", "garden lime", "barn lime" or dolomite- This lime is gray and can be used to spread on the floor of your barn. This is safe for you and your livestock. It will not burn. We spread this lime on our barn floor because it provides an antibacterial quality, dries out and "sweetens" the floor , and also Larry says it makes it easier to clean.
                    I really do not know what kind you want or to use, I would use the barn lime as it is what I have easy access to and neutralized the acids and smells, and is safe to be around, un like the plaster lime that has more of a danger property.
                    and some say it is cheaper, (I get mine at a feed store for livestock),
                    needless to say I am not a expert in this area besides using it in the goat stalls where it can get fairly bad in the winter time,
                    last year it was only 6 inches deep, (still do not have it all dug up and out of the barn stalls )

I would like to hear Ricks take on this as well.
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

we use ag lime. it is cheap. real cheap. white is what you use for pickles, i think. it is a lot more expensive. breid.............

Comment

Working...
                      X