X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help PLEASE.......!!!!!!

Afternoon all. I have a small problem and wiould appreciate any help. I am trying to track down air activated quick acting solenoid valves for a water system. We need full flow but if this is not possible we can calculate through this.
    We have currently got 24volt irritrol valves(standard garden sprinkler type valves) but the restriction through the valve is too much.
    At this stage we are looking to engineer out to get a functional system.

Re: Need some help PLEASE.......!!!!!!

ASCO makes a variety of SOVs suitable for various process fluids with AC
    and DC coils in just about any voltage or valve configuration you could want.

http://www.ascovalve.com/

And coincidently, ASCO is an Emerson company, so a member of the
    same family of companies as RIDGID.

ASCO Contact List AustraliaHere are the matches to your search: Sales Office
    ASCO Joucomatic (ASCOmation Pty. Ltd.)

Unit 12, Allambie Grove Business Park
    25 Frenchs Forest Road East
    Frenchs Forest N.S.W. 2086,
    Australia
    Tel: (61) 2-9451-7077
    Fax: (61) 2-9451-9924
    Email: sales.ascoau@emerson.com
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks Bob. I am familiar with the ASCO range and use them regularly. What we need is air operated solenoids which are both full flow and quick operating, They form an integral part of the hydraulics for a water park with sprinklers. We were supplied with basic 12/24volts solenoids which are ok for garden sprinkler systems but as we said in the beginning we didnt think they would work and said so as well. We have a deadline to meet an dont hav confidence in the supplier of the equipment and as such this is why I am reaching out to all of the Professionals out there to help. Electrically operated are as commmon as daylight and cheap. What we need will be costlyan we are not afraid of this. Like all professionals we actually care about what we do and try to use the best we can for the situation. In this case it is about results not necessarily costbecasue as we have aready proved a cheap job will always be a cheap job which generally doesnt work. Again guys and gals any help will be graciously appreciated

Comment

So when you say air operated solenoid you are talking about a valve with a pneumatic actuator?
        When I hear solenoid I think of a coil of wire wound around a metal core that becomes a magnet when current passes through it.

Nothing about the ASCO SOVs that I use can be considered cheap. they start at $500US and go on up to $18K each, but I don't think you are looking for a vent valve for a nuclear reactor are you? I've worked on all kinds of valves from 120" diameter butterflys on down to tiny instrument needle valves.

If you want a air-operated quick opening valve there are many possibilities, I don't know enough from what you have said about your application to give a suggestion. Is the process fluid water? What is the flow rate required? What is the cycle rate of the valve, a couple times an hour or hundreds of times an hour? Masoneilan makes a fast acting trip valve that might suit your needs, but I think the biggest one I have seen has 1" ports. Its a pneumatic relay, when the signal drops below a set point then the valve opens or closes the main port, and reverses when the signal is restored. Maybe a ball valve with air operator would work. What size valve?

Some possible manufacturers would be Masoneilan, Fisher, Century, CCI Drag, Bettis. There are others. Who is your controls rep in the area? They most likely would have connections to all these manufacturers and more.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

if one valve ain't going to get it, well put two in parallel. side beside. i know all of the liabilities. breid..............

Comment

Could you put enough electric solenoid valves in parallel to equal the flow rate of an air-activated valve?

Why air-activated?
            Electrocution concerns?
            Concern of lightning destroying everything?

Or is typical fountain control equipment pneumatic?
            I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
            It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
            "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Try Parker Hannifin.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                Afternoon all. I have a small problem and wiould appreciate any help. I am trying to track down air activated quick acting solenoid valves for a water system. We need full flow but if this is not possible we can calculate through this.
                We have currently got 24volt irritrol valves(standard garden sprinkler type valves) but the restriction through the valve is too much.
                At this stage we are looking to engineer out to get a functional system.
                Try a Pneumatically actuated ball valve.

Comment

How about a larger valve bushed down?

Comment

Working...
                  X