Leaks in fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leaks in fittings

She is in SC. And yes, people do alot of strange things down here in the sticks, especially when they do it themselves (repairs- repairs I'm speaking of)!!!

Comment

is there a river running close by with the banjos playing in the background

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Wanna' bet who has been poorer? Me or you?

I think you should call a plumber.

J.C.
        Call a plumber. Too many things that can go wrong while you are at work a year from now. Plus, no pic on the hot side.

J.C.

Comment

We do have the Savannah river a few miles down the road, but don't worry no banjos playing. Just people fishing and skiing.

Comment

What would get wet if You had a 6 hr. Leak! Did You install a pan plumbed to drain outside? Got t+p plumbed outside?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Seriously guys, thanks so very much for everybody's reply!!! I really appreciate all the good advice, I will disassemble, clean, dope and reassemble and see what happens. And JC, when my photographer gets out of the shower I'll think about sending you a picture of the hot side. And I will be glad to help ya'll out with health issues, but let me preface that remark with this reminder: If you drink alot, it's alcohol- quit drinking. If you smoke, it's smoking- quit smoking. If you eat alot and especially the high-test foods involving red meats and lots of fat, it's the food- eat healthy!! Thanks again you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by scraple View Post
                seriously guys, thanks so very much for everybody's reply!!! I really appreciate all the good advice, i will disassemble, clean, dope and reassemble and see what happens. And jc, when my photographer gets out of the shower i'll think about sending you a picture of the hot side. And i will be glad to help ya'll out with health issues, but let me preface that remark with this reminder: If you drink alot, it's alcohol- quit drinking. If you smoke, it's smoking- quit smoking. if you eat alot and especially the high-test foods involving red meats and lots of fat, it's the food- eat healthy!! thanks again you guys!
                Go ahead and shoot me.

j.c.

Comment

One last time guys, just for the record..why is PVC bad? Are you going to tell me that maybe it causes piggy-eyed almost bald kids playing banjos in the woods or something? Seriously, is it a carcinogenic issue or what?

Comment

One last time guys, just for the record..why is PVC bad? Are you going to tell me that maybe it causes piggy-eyed almost bald kids playing banjos in the woods or something? Seriously, is it a carcinogenic issue or what?
                    I read varying studies on possible carcinogenic effects from leaching. So currently, I don't have enough information to believe it to be true.

PVC CANNOT take the heat from tempered water. While you may only have it on the cold side & some approved material between the heater and the pipe.....

....radiant heat from the heater will "back up" into that PVC. Makes me nervous.

Finally, some codes WILL allow it on the cold side. But in general, it is thought to be unprofessional & poor workmanship.

Kind of like "getting it done" in a medical procedure by cutting corners and costs.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      Go ahead and shoot me.

j.c.
                      Why waste the bullet?...death is coming soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        Why waste the bullet?...death is coming soon enough
                        Are you around the corner?!?!?!?

I thought I smelled garlic and flux......

J.C.

Comment

pvc is not rated for hot water and i don't think it's approved for domestic water except for underground water services.

at 1 time they thought it causes cancer

but so does drinking from a drinking faucet

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

JC- just for you THE HOT SIDE.
                            Attached Files

Comment

jc- just for you the hot side.
                              wires!!!

J.c.

Comment

I only just got done with it about 2AM this morning!!!! I haven't tucked them in the cover yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X