Floor Drain Backflow Valve (Prier)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Drain Backflow Valve (Prier)

Does anyone make a tool to remove the backflow valve in Prier 6 inch floor drains? The last one that I had to change I used a sawzall and cut it in four pieces and then broke it out with a hammer. I have to change another on in one of my duplexes and was looking for an easier way.

Re: Floor Drain Backflow Valve (Prier)

Well, I got over to the property and started looking at the problem. It wasn't so much that the backwater valve was bad, but it was totally missing along with the cleanout plug. When the washing machine would spin, it would bubble back out of the cleanout. Snaked through the cleanout and got it flowing, but it looks like the trap is full of cement. I wil take a vacuum and the seesnake back over this weekend and get a better look. Any ideas on getting cement out of the trap of a CI floor drain?

Comment

buckie. i take that it is in a ways if you need a camera. if you can see it, i use a screwdriver that i have sharpened and a couple of wood chisels that i don't like any more. i use a 3lb mash hammer. and i tap it LIGHTLY. bump bump bump. you will have a lot better control with a 2lb or 3lb hammer. i have some drivers that i have heated and bent. for straight runs chain knockers work well. try search function + posts not threads. patience. breid...............

Comment

Thanks Bried, that is about what I figured. I guess if I get too physical the worst thing that can happen is I have to break the floor and replace the drain. In any event, I will post pictures of the results.

Comment

Working...
        X