Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Woman's front-load clothers washer moves.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman's front-load clothers washer moves.

Neighbor has called me many times to move her LG front-load clothes washer back into place.
    The firstime, I moved her dryer out of the way and perfectly leveled her washer. All feet firm and tight on the ceramic tile floor.

It still wandered.
    At Home Depot I bought rubber blocks made to dampen washer vibrations and shaking.
    She said it was better, but her washer will still move up to a foot out and/or against the wall or against the dryer - anywhere at any angle.

Beforeplacing each of the washer's feet with a bolt screwed up through the floor from her crawlspace, is there any other remedy I should firstry?

Thank you.

Robert
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: Woman's front-load clothers washer moves.

Yeah, remove the shipping bolts on the back of the washer

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Yeah, remove the shipping bolts on the back of the washer
      Thanks.
      Already checked that. All were out.

Comment

LG front-loader moves all over the place during spin cycle.

Elderly neighbor has called me many times to walk over and move her LG front-load clothes washer back into place.

Shipping bolts were all properly removed.
        The firstime, I moved her dryer out of the way and perfectly leveled her washer. All feet firm and tight on the ceramic tile floor.

It still wandered.
        At Home Depot I bought rubber blocks made to dampen washer vibrations and shaking.
        She said it was better, but her washer will still move up to a foot out anywhere at any angle.

Beforeplacing each of the washer's feet with a bolt screwed up through the floor from her crawlspace, is there any other remedy I should firstry?

Thank you.

Robert

Comment

If it is on a first floor, meaning subfloor and not on concrete, that's the problem. It'll state that those units must be placed on concrete.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
            If it is on a first floor, meaning subfloor and not on concrete, that's the problem. It'll state that those units must be placed on concrete.
            Well thats just not true. It might require a home built with a proper foundation but certainly not only a slab.

Comment

We had one on a sub floor, and a bouncy one at that, never had any problems.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                Thanks.
                Already checked that. All were out.
                They also have bars that hold the drum. Should be on the bottom.
                Access through the removable front plate.

Also a bunch of Styrofoam that has to be removed
                Last edited by Gene Bickford; 01-05-2011, 11:26 PM. Reason: styrofoam
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

The outside wall, which is on the foundation, is behind the washer.
                  The kitchen wall, with water supply and drain inset is next to it on the left. That wall rests on a wood stem wall resting on a foundation wall.

I pushed it as close to the outside wall as possible.

Today she had a load spinning and it was perfectly still and smooth.

Wish I could pour a foundation of cement and bolt the washer to it.
                  The crawl space is four feet high.

Comment

If that isn't the problem I'd say it's time for a new neighbor

Comment

Neighbor has called me many times to move her LG front-load clothes washer back into place.

It still wandered.
                      She said it was better, but her washer will still move up to a foot out and/or against the wall or against the dryer - anywhere at any angle.

Thank you.

Robert
                      Maybe she likes you and keeps moving her washer around
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                        They also have bars that hold the drum. Should be on the bottom.
                        Access through the removable front plate.
                        Thanks.
                        I read the installation instructions and everything was properly done.

I'd hate to have to make holes through the tiles to bolt up into the feet bolt sockets. Don't even know how I could go through tiles.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                          Maybe she likes you and keeps moving her washer around
                          No. She ain't blind.
                          It's too heavy for her.
                          Is this just an LG problem?
                          Washer seems to work perfectly.

I may try to strap it to the dryer.
                          They are both on pedestals made for the units.

Comment

Thanks.
                            I read the installation instructions and everything was properly done.

I'd hate to have to make holes through the tiles to bolt up into the feet bolt sockets. Don't even know how I could go through tiles.
                            Sorry to state the obvious, I mean no offense to you. It's just the most common problem with those.

I wonder if it has a broken spring/shock or something??

Maybe she's overloading it?

The thing shouldn't be moving around that much. Like Dunbar says some call for a cement floor but the one I had was on a floor that was just short of a bouncy house.

Comment

No. She ain't blind.
                              It's too heavy for her.
                              Is this just an LG problem?
                              Washer seems to work perfectly.

I may try to strap it to the dryer.
                              They are both on pedestals made for the units.
                              Ahhh...The Pedestals. My wife wanted those and then we priced them.

Comment

Working...
                              X