X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be needing some help with this guys

First off I'm glad you are here....if not for this site I would really be lost.
    I have a gray water leak inside a wall(concrete/stone)only runs out when the kitchen sink is running.I told my co worker that I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking.He wanted to just start jack-hammering...lol.
    I said well the guys on a forum that I visit would camera the line and go from there.
    I'll snap a few pics when I go back out there.

Re: I'll be needing some help with this guys

Well, just stop using the kitchen sink and all your problems will be solved
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Gene that just will not do...lol
      Not my house or I'd think about it.
      Its a very high end water front home(mansion)and can't have fluid's running in to the ocean

Comment

Well at some point in time you will be opening up some ceiling , walls,floor etc.A camera would def. let you know what's going on and pinpoint the location. I would love to come do it for you but have no camera or locator yet..
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Personally if its old pipe I would try to bypass the problem with new pipe. If its possible to install a new line easily thats the way I would go and dont even worry about where the old line is exactly leaking. Its probably old worn out pipe

Comment

vince. let me get this straight. this is a mansion right? why don't they have have somebody camera the line? no cameras in the islands? i don't think so. to cheap to have it do right? or didn't pay the last plumber and now no one will work for them? i think so. not sayin nutin just askin just askin. if they didn't pay the last guy why would they pay you? breid............

Comment

The plumber will be there after lunch today....with his camera.
              @ themaster......Running a new line was my first thought.
              its all in cement....I can see where the trap goes into the concrete wall,just outside is a clean out flush with brick pavers on top of a cement slab.Not sure what happens after that but its down a hill side about 20' that it's leaking from a wall.
              The thing is they do want to do it right....House was built with a GC who was never there,etc...etc..
              I'm just a foreman for a construction co. who was asked what I thought.
              #1 I'd camera the line that may or may not show the leak but at least it would give us a idea of whats going on.
              #2 if its gray water where's the gray water tank?Was it ever installed or hooked up to begin with?

Like I said I'll take a few pics today and have some better questions.
              I'd like the set of blue prints from when they built it.

Comment

well, it all goes to the ocean eventually anyway, right?

thoughts are:

- kitchen sink wastewater is not considered 'graywater' that you can just discharge on the ground or in a drywell here. may be different where you are. find out what's required in your area and where it goes now and do whats right

- just wtf is going on that the ks is on it's own line exiting the building? the only time I've seen that is on a big house here that (inadvisably, unnecessarily, and at great expense imho) has an exterior grease trap.

- abandoning the leaker cast in concrete and rerouting the sink waste into the san sewer sounds like the way to go if it's easy to do.

- say thank you to whatever power you recognize that you've got ho's who want it put right, and make sure you do just that for them
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I can see why you drain guys love those camera's.
                  Today's hero

Looks like the pipe is off or never was there to begin with.

This is what the camera drops into.

The wall that's leaking

Pipe is parted 2'2" from the top and over by the house about 20'(long was from where they wanted to start chipping...lol)

2' down

Comment

Huh, Now that looks like a nice camera !

Comment

Home owner has more bricks,so I'm thinking move over about 1' and saw cut a 2 by 2' hole then go from there.My thinking is I wouldn't want to damage the pipe with the saw or jack hammer.
                      What would you do?

Comment

Originally posted by IamVince View Post
                        Home owner has more bricks,so I'm thinking move over about 1' and saw cut a 2 by 2' hole then go from there.My thinking is I wouldn't want to damage the pipe with the saw or jack hammer.
                        What would you do?
                        Well if you already know it's 2' down ..Just be careful

Are you done yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                          Well if you already know it's 2' down ..Just be careful

Are you done yet?
                          lol I'll let one of the younger guys do that...heck I got em this close.

Comment

Originally posted by IamVince View Post
                            lol I'll let one of the younger guys do that...heck I got em this close.
                            10-4 send a pic of the repair for the final inspection..Weve got you this far

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                              10-4 send a pic of the repair for the final inspection..Weve got you this far
                              In a way you did...if not for me stopping in everyday at this site I wouldn't have known to run a camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X