X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump pump working condition

Which working condition is better for sump pump, always stay with water or dry in most of time and with water ocassionally?

My basement is dry most of time. We are here 5 yrs. It turns on in two Springs for about three weeks in total. I looked at the sump basin and found there are always some water there because the basin holds them. I don't know if it is on purpose to keep some water for pump. if I drill few holes on the bottom of the basin, I am sure the basin will be empty in most of time.

so the sump pump should stay dry when possible or should keep wet all the time? thanks,

Re: Sump pump working condition

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
    Which working condition is better for sump pump, always stay with water or dry in most of time and with water ocassionally?

My basement is dry most of time. We are here 5 yrs. It turns on in two Springs for about three weeks in total. I looked at the sump basin and found there are always some water there because the basin holds them. I don't know if it is on purpose to keep some water for pump. if I drill few holes on the bottom of the basin, I am sure the basin will be empty in most of time.

so the sump pump should stay dry when possible or should keep wet all the time? thanks,
    doesn't matter one bitt
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Re: Sump pump working condition

Ya, it's fine either way. The pumps are made watertight so it's fine if there's water in there.
      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
      X