X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump pump location

It looks like almost all sump pumps are located at a place near the wall. I am thinking add another sump pump down my basement. My favourite place for the new sump pump is under the stair. it will be 8' away from the wall. That means the discharge pipe will go 8' horizontal and then 8' vertical to reach outside. I plan to use a Zoeller M53 or M57 pump. Do you know if the pump will work fine in this installation? That 8' horizontal distance will not affect the pump's efficiency. right? thanks,

Re: Sump pump location

It'll be fine
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Sump pump location

as I am not sure how old your house is both pumps you chose will work great could not have chose a beter pump in my mind but the maine reason for a pit to be next to a wall here in chicago erea is cause of the drain tile pipe that runs around the outside perimater of the house and is tied into the pit you can tell if you have that by looking into the pit and you will see a 4" pipe uaualy 4" black coragated stubed into the pitnow I am not trying to say not to install the second pit but if you are my suggestion would be to drill a bunch of 3/16" holes in the pit all arownd it if you arenot going to tie it into drain tile and place pit in ground and fill around pit with pea gravel at least 3-4 inches all around so the mud will not wash into pit
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
      X