X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet back support

Do you guys know of anyone place that I can find back supports for a toilet? I have found this site: http://www.saferbathroom.com/saferbathroom/index.htm that has exactly what I want, but tried calling and get no answer, fax # has been disconnected, not sure if they're in business still. We have some of the back supports in our building currently but are remodeling and need replacements. I can't seem to locate anyone who makes them now though. Any help in locating them would be appreciated, thanks!

Re: Toilet back support

Can't really help you, never seen one. But holy fu*#ing crap thats fancy!
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

New one on me as well.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I've never had to lean back and drop the kids off at the pool. Maybe raise a leg or cheek off the seat, but that's it.

I can't see how that design would go over. Looks like a nightmare to mount, and you have to dismantle it to get to the flushometer.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

It's pretty easy to remove, it has those little nubbins you push in and pull the unit off. This is used in an elderly assisted living home, where some residents are there for therapy after surgery and have to lean back while sitting, and also for dementia patients who need assistance... It's really quite useful at our facility. The bathrooms that don't have it seem to take a bit more abuse on the flushometers with people leaning back on them over and over, then they start leaking.

Comment

Did you call today? They might have been closed.

J.C.

Comment

Ha... i did.. Perhaps i will try again tomorrow! I keep forgetting today was a holiday

Comment

Looks real spendy.

Comment

Well, no luck on contacting them... I guess they're out of business. We've decided to go ahead and try to build something ourselves... Going to try PVC and copper to see what looks better. Don't know why nobody would make something for this purpose, lots of people out there need the assistance with sitting up and these toilets are more hazardous if someone leans back and hits their head. Thanks anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Badabing View Post
                    Well, no luck on contacting them... I guess they're out of business. We've decided to go ahead and try to build something ourselves... Going to try PVC and copper to see what looks better. Don't know why nobody would make something for this purpose, lots of people out there need the assistance with sitting up and these toilets are more hazardous if someone leans back and hits their head. Thanks anyways.

I'd say lagging sales had everything to do with it.

Keep in mind, you build something, better make it solid as a rock, because if it pulls out of the wall, someone gets injured, it's a lawsuit.

In my 40+ years, I've never had a desire to lean back on my toilet. Don't get me wrong... I can see it being comfortable during a good power dump.

But I'd want grab rails to the left and right, make it a sport.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Well, the remodeled bathrooms do have the handrails on both sides of the toilet now, so hang on!

Comment

Ain't suppose to be a rocking chair .
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

try www.disabledtoilets.co.uk. also www.columbiamedical.com. here you are and there you go. breid...........

Comment

Working...
                          X