Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water Line from meter to House

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    Pex is installed under slabs.....its fine to install underground and I've done it for years without trouble. 20' pvc sch 40 bell end is fine also.....and I've used it without issue but have repaired many broken male and female adapters. PVC threaded fittings have 1/2 the pressure rating as the pipe and is de-rated accordingly. I've replaced countless water services with 20' bell end pvc and I have NEVER had a solvent weld joint leak on a new service. The installer can make all the difference in the world. We do not make joints under concrete slabs here on any type of potable water pipe unless its brazed coppa.
    That just about sums it up!!!
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
      Here is what is being installed. Anybody ever use or have any info on it, good or bad? Is it PEX or just regular PE, if there is a difference. Thanks, Ron

I replaced a 2"water service using Endopure PE a year ago November. If I recall the fittings were proprietary and not cheap. I thought it was a very good product. Great idea sleeving it.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

You are making a good decision to sleeve it. You are getting quality pipe that probably won't give you any problems but you will save yourself some heartache sometime it there is a problem. I can't tell you how many times i have watched the look on people face when i have had to dig up/through their landscaping to replace a line going into their basement. Last week i replaced an 1 1/2 line going into a small apartment complex, it woulda been alot of concrete cutting if it wasnt sleeved. I always use pack joint fittings in the ground, almost no problems and they are easily adaptable to anything. They also can be takin apart after 20 years in the ground which makes replacement jobs easier.

Comment

I know I am really late at joining this thread and I am to late for ron but do you guys run a tracer line when you run plastic? I have run into this problem to many times. Someone bought a house have know idead where there water line is it is plastic no way to trace it outside.

Comment

Originally posted by trykonxlgold75 View Post
            I know I am really late at joining this thread and I am to late for ron but do you guys run a tracer line when you run plastic? I have run into this problem to many times. Someone bought a house have know idead where there water line is it is plastic no way to trace it outside.
            Yes...and with the sewer on a replacement
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
            X