Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name that Faucet?

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
    I have an old Broadway parts book I will look at monday to see if the design matches anything. But either some trim is missing, or someone replaced the stems with a longer version because the short version is no longer available?? Does guillens really still stock all those stems???

I guarantee that faucet did not look geeky like that originally
    I don't know.....I'm pretty sure I know who worked on it.

Thanks for any information. I'll watch the thread.

J.C.

Comment

I definitely think it is a Broadway Old Dominion. The pic. posted by TheMaster is obviously the Broadway English Rope. In your case, the handle should be close coupled to the escutehceon, as it is on TheMaster's pic, so you just have stems that are too long.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
        I definitely think it is a Broadway Old Dominion. The pic. posted by TheMaster is obviously the Broadway English Rope. In your case, the handle should be close coupled to the escutehceon, as it is on TheMaster's pic, so you just have stems that are too long.
        The pic I posted is a Harden. The owner built the home and had the receipt and the paperwork from when they were installed. i ordered the stems from Locke plumbing supply and repaired that faucet....6 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          sometimes it's scary even taking the stems out, knowing you have nothing for it. i carry hundreds of seats and washers. but when it comes to ceramic, i only have the common ones.

so unless i know what it is and that i can get it apart without breaking, i usually warn the customer that it could get damaged.

the estucions sometimes require more than a strap wrench.

but taking a photo from inside the cabinet to see the valve bodies is usually useful

did you look with a mirror at the back of the spout

rick.
          I looked everywhere. Didn't find anything. There is not a number or letter anywhere. Not on the valve castings either. ALL valves have 3/4" ports if that's of any help.

Looks like it's heading towards just getting replaced.

J.C.

Comment

Scrap it J.C. ! Looks like the finish is craping out any way . If it was mine I would pull it out in a heart beat .

Comment

Man since being a member here, I'm getting an education on all these faucet names.

It's extremely rare to see an off brand named faucet in my area, and if I do run into one, this is me ---->

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna' win "Stump The Forum".

I'll be back there next week and remove a stem & take pictures of it and underneath to give ya'll another chance.

J.C.

Comment

Put your tape next to the stem when you snap the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                    The pic I posted is a Harden. The owner built the home and had the receipt and the paperwork from when they were installed. i ordered the stems from Locke plumbing supply and repaired that faucet....6 months ago.
                    Wow...it is a dead ringer for the English Rope, and good chance they are the same item with different names. That's kind of how what I call the foo-foo line of products work.

Comment

Well I got a few more pics if it helps.

Thanks.

J.C.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Broadway. Barry Walter 426931, 426932 on the stems (I'm not sure what the finish is).

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                          The spout looks like a Harden. But that dont mean squat. Take the stems outta it.

The handshower can be a different brand than the faucet. What part of it are you working on?

If that's the Harden, maybe this is the Broadway?

Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            Broadway?

Streamway?

Just spitballing....
                            Let the record reflect who said Broadway first ....

Comment

Might be that high end faucet line Home Depot sells Glacier Bay
                              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If it takes a 5/8" washer, then I'm all in for Broadway.

Comment

Working...
                                X