Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name that Faucet?

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
    If it takes a 5/8" washer, then I'm all in for Broadway.
    Washer diameter measures 7/8". ALL supplies to faucet, spout, & diverter are 3/4".

Not adapted too 3/4". Bodies are cast for 3/4".

Got a line on a plater. I'm thinking yank it.

J.C.

Comment

Broadway, I tell ya. Go too the stem manufacture site www.barrywalter.com and have a look see (pg 56). They only sell to wholesalers, but there it is. If your supplier doesn't deal with Walter you can probably order it through www.plumbingparts.org or elsewhere. I'm not sure of the finish, probably polished brass.

Comment

Originally posted by asktom View Post
        Broadway, I tell ya. Go too the stem manufacture site www.barrywalter.com and have a look see (pg 56). They only sell to wholesalers, but there it is. If your supplier doesn't deal with Walter you can probably order it through www.plumbingparts.org or elsewhere. I'm not sure of the finish, probably polished brass.
        I checked already. I believe you're right. The problem is changing it to brushed stainless steel.

Probably quicker and cheaper all the way around to just change it.

Thanks alot for the find though.

J.C.

Comment

Um, not to circumnavigate the original question, which I have no real response to except that the bulbous escutions look Kohler-esque, which only means (probably) that Kohler copied their look from this previous mfr, but...

just what are you meant to do to this ugly thing?

make it stop dripping? shove a seat and washer in it.

make it not so gawdawful ugly? replace it and move on.

replace that mismatched handle? find a pair that fits.

--------

why do gold fixtures make me think of fat girls who accessorize in gold (and of Liberace)?

the inner designer comes to the forte and screams that EVERYTHING should be NICKLE. Customer can specify brushed or bright, but it is f'ing nickle plated (I'll tolerate solid stainless for that purposeful look) or they have no sense.
          Last edited by Ace Sewer; 02-02-2011, 01:07 AM.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
            Um, not to circumnavigate the original question, which I have no real response to except that the bulbous escutions look Kohler-esque, which only means (probably) that Kohler copied their look from this previous mfr, but...

just what are you meant to do to this ugly thing?

make it stop dripping? shove a seat and washer in it.

make it not so gawdawful ugly? replace it and move on.

replace that mismatched handle? find a pair that fits.

--------

why do gold fixtures make me think of fat girls who accessorize in gold (and of Liberace)?

the inner designer comes to the forte and screams that EVERYTHING should be NICKLE. Customer can specify brushed or bright, but it is f'ing nickle plated (I'll tolerate solid stainless for that purposeful look) or they have no sense.
            They are looking to change the look and/or finish. With some brands the valve can be universal and trim can be changed in style and finish.

Probably end up with a stainless look.

For me, chrome is classic, everything else is a trend.

J.C.

Comment

When you say stainless, do you mean brushed nickel?

Before chrome, polished nickel was the standard. Probably because of plating issues. Even now, between the chrome finish and brass body, there's a layer of nickel. It's the universal base plating. Don't believe me, ask an plater.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                When you say stainless, do you mean brushed nickel?

Before chrome, polished nickel was the standard. Probably because of plating issues. Even now, between the chrome finish and brass body, there's a layer of nickel. It's the universal base plating. Don't believe me, ask an plater.
                Thanks. I did know that.

Polished nickel was sweet. Often buffed to a bright "chrome-like" shine.

When referring to stainless, I do mean the finish. For instance, Delta's "Brilliance Stainless". They at one time offered brushed nickel, but last I checked they had dropped that and only offered what they called a Stainless finish and a similar Aged Pewter. Doubt I could tell the difference between the two.

Freaking designers.

Chrome and white stands the test of time.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                X