Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hot water...have you run into this before?

Check out my YouTube animation and see if you can resolve it? Here is the link....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl8T5If8s2I

Re: No hot water...have you run into this before?

Bad flame sensor( rollout switch ) just grabbing for things
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Vent hood was creating a vacuum drawing outside air DOWN the water heater flue.
      What do I win?
      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

You win a free trip to Hawaii.....just kiddn....ya...when the temperature dips below -20 degrees Celcius here it becomes heavier and tends to cause problems like this one. Its usually due to poor makeup air..too small or not working. It could be remedied with a blower vent fan installed on the vent if the problem persists..

cheers...Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fredsait View Post
          You win a free trip to Hawaii.....just kiddn....ya...when the temperature dips below -20 degrees Celcius here it becomes heavier and tends to cause problems like this one. Its usually due to poor makeup air..too small or not working. It could be remedied with a blower vent fan installed on the vent if the problem persists..

cheers...Fred
          you say win for what I say it sounds like a bad return air causing a down draft on the flue the cure fix the return air easy way to check open a door then the flue will work properly
          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
          X