Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single-bowl or double-bowl 33" kitchen sink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single-bowl or double-bowl 33" kitchen sink?

What is being installed or upgraded to?
    Double-bowl?
    Single big bowl?
    Triple-bowl?
    1/4-width + 3/4-width bowl?
    Smart Divide(tm)?

(I like 33-inch single bowl.
    Used a 1/4 + 3/4 bowl stainlessteel 33-inch sink and it was great having thextra room for pans and refrigerator shelves, etc.)

Thank you.

Robert
    Last edited by Robert Gift; 01-29-2011, 01:08 AM. Reason: forgot to list Smart Divide(tm)
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: Single-bowl or double-bowl 33" kitchen sink?

newer kitchens are leaning towards the large single compartment farm sinks.

double bowl sinks are a thing of the past due to dishwashers.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      rick.
      Is "farm" sink 33" or even larger?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
        I agree with Rick, Also the old cast Iron tubs with the pigs feet are going back In. I can remember taking one out when I was a apprentice...... It slipped going down the stairs.....and right through the wall.....Back to the Kitchen sinks....They look real nice with some color, like red, And a nice tall faucet.
        Rockwood Excavating
        Rockwood Snow Plowingsigpic
        wooden burl bowls

Comment

here is a genuine farmers sink, Pre 1930's. and I am guessing the sink is out of the "old house" on the property, not the one it is in now, so I am guessing that it is nearly 1900 vintage,
          Attached Files
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Did somebody say a nice tall, red faucet?

Comment

Single bowl <---------

Comment

Re: Single-bowl or double-bowl 33&quot; kitchen sink?

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                here is a genuine farmers sink, Pre 1930's. and I am guessing the sink is out of the "old house" on the property, not the one it is in now, so I am guessing that it is nearly 1900 vintage,

I am liking that faucet...Sweet
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                  I am liking that faucet...Sweet
                  Is that a fake well pump and really a hot and cold water faucet?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                    Is that a fake well pump and really a hot and cold water faucet?
                    I'll hazard a guess. It sure looks like the real deal to me. (A real handpump, not a faucet).
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

It is a real pump, the well is basically shot, and pressurized water is currently out of the question,

But it will pump both hot and cold, there is a three way valve under the counter that is switched by a knob behind the pump, and will pull from the hot water tank or from the cold water reservoir, (the hot water tank is feed by the cold water reservoir),

they use about 15 to 20 gallons a day of water average, (that includes the clothes washing and the baths), there is a pump in the bathroom that feeds into a wash basin and with a extension spout they can fill the bath tub, they do not have a pump at the washing machine that is a ringer washer, but even on wash day they only use about maximum 20 gallons in the washing machine, (during last summer the washer was out side, I do not know if they will move it back out next summer or not),

they still use a out house for the other business, not enough water for a flush toilet,
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

... they still use a out house ... not enough water for a flush toilet,
                        I would find a way of collecting water or gray water with which to flush a 1.6 gpf toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                          I would find a way of collecting water or gray water with which to flush a 1.6 gpf toilet.
                          we have considered that, and may do that for them, in the future, here when things thaw out and can put in a septic system,
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

we have considered that, and may do that for them, in the future, here when things thaw out and can put in a septic system,
                            Could you install a toilet in the house, bury a 3-inch line to empty into the outhouse pit?

Comment

at one time we had no well + out house. we had a rainwater cistern that ran from gutters. cistern was under the edge of house with a pitcher pump like yours. straight shot up. only collect water in months that end in an r. breid................

Comment

Working...
                              X