X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A dripping B/W water heater

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    And the Cobblers Son goes barefoot !
    I get plenty of hot water. No need to replace it if its working.

Comment

Originally posted by Billypubah02 View Post
      Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping to get another couple of years out of it.I should have known better. How long do the exhaust venting usually last?
      Longer then the waterheater they should still be good but it is hard to say from here realy thats something thats more by discresion if they look bad replace them flue pipe last for a long time but is cheap
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        How efficient is a 12 year old one?

I kid, I kid.

Replace the heater. The tank seems to be leaking base on your description.

A 50 OR even a 40 may not line up correctly for water, vent, and gas.

J.C.

In water heater years, it was 20.

It's almost guaranteed that the incoming/new one, regardless of gallon size will need adjustments to mechanicals, regardless of gallon size matching or increasing.

I replaced a 98' water heater today, leaking at the top, customer was tired of dealing with the fading hot water.

Installed a Sears/Kenmore 12 year 50gal gas, dual anode rods and rotoswirl dip tube... cost him $619.00 for the tank only. Had to install an expansion tank along with replacing ANOTHER Wilkins 70 pressure reducing valve that was defective.

Gave this fellow and his family some serious peace of mind coming out on a sunday, they all *4* took back to back hot showers tonight. Even had one of the boys believing through his dad that I put a 3.5 timed control on the hot water.

"Nu-uh"

I had to agree with the dad.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Billypubah02 View Post
          Hi, I have a Bradford White gas water heater, model MITW40L6LN10,installed new in 1999. It is starting to drip out the bottom,do I need to replace it,or could it be something else.It has been used with city water since new. Also, if it needs to be replaced, would the hot and cold pipes and exhaust, line up on a B/W 50 gal. or should a stay with the 40 gal. Thanks,Bill

A the water lines on a new 50 Gal BWC Power Vent , would basically 'line up', the vent would not, nor would the gas, but it would be a very easy change over. The specs for the new unit can be found here. www.bradfordwhite.com

Comment

Working...
          X