Want dishwasher that vents outdoors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want dishwasher that vents outdoors

My dishwasher has the little vents that once the cycle is done let the fumes from the soup into the kitchen. Those fumes can peel the gunk off a plate and they bother me. Is there a unit that can be set up to vent instead of inside the kitchen to the outdoors?

Re: Want dishwasher that vents outdoors

Johnson Tee drainage airgap fitting if you can still find one.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by mgauss View Post
      My dishwasher ... fumes can peel the gunk off a plate and they bother me. Is there a unit that can be set up to vent instead of inside the kitchen to the outdoors?
      Sounds like you need my patented toilet bowl odor fan.

Why any soap fumes when, by that stage, everything inside should be very well rinsed and there should be nothing but clean water steam venting?

If I were to jury-rig something, a vacuum fan would connect to the wire going to the heating element.
      The vacuum fan would pull air in through the gap under the countertop above the diswasher door which would catch most of the rising vent odors.
      Then exhaust it into the basement or crawl space. I would not make another hole to the outside.
      Last edited by Robert Gift; 02-01-2011, 08:10 PM. Reason: misspelling and unclarity
      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

I believe something else is going on here. Maybe a birds nest is blocking the kitchen sink roof vent
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I'm talking about my Maytag Dishwasher

The machine where we put the dirty plates to automatically wash. It has three tiny holes on the front door. After the wash, steam comes out of the holes. It stinks of Cascade. I'm I putting too much Cascade in?

There is no problem with the sink. I'm confused as to the replies. Thanks

My dishwasher has the little vents that once the cycle is done let the fumes from the soup into the kitchen. Those fumes can peel the gunk off a plate and they bother me. Is there a unit that can be set up to vent instead of inside the kitchen to the outdoors?

Comment

Re: I'm talking about my Maytag Dishwasher

.. It has three tiny holes on the front door. After the wash, steam comes out of the holes. It stinks of Cascade. I'm I putting too much Cascade in?
            There is no problem with the sink. I'm confused as to the replies. Thanks
            In the drying cycle, open the door and see if any Cascade is still undissolved.

Don't burn yourself on the heating element. Let it cool enough.
            Feel if the remaining water has any detergent in it.

Is the soap release door opening fully?
            Are dishes blocking water spray from flushing out the detergent cup?

Is the dishwasher fully emptying the wash water before filling with rinse water?
            Usually there are several rinse cycles before the dishwasher completes its cleaning and does heated drying (if selected) and shuts off.
            Last edited by Robert Gift; 02-01-2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

buy a decent dishwasher, that things JUNK ! NEXT
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

robert you seem to have an affinity for fans. breid...................

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                  robert you seem to have an affinity for fans. breid
                  Chinese cooking odors smell up our house.
                  Our oven vents into the kitchen. In the cabinet above the oven I'm thinking of placing a flexible hose which is brought down and held to the vent with a magnet and vacuums the odors into the crawlspace.
                  Also I want to vent the SpaceSaver microwave directly outside but its wall is the garage firewall. With a floor above, that exhaust will have to go down a stud channel into the crawlspace.
                  Ideally I'd have their fans in the crawl space so much less noise in the kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                  X