do I need a vent here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do I need a vent here?

I am installing interior french drain under the basement now. I am thinking move the laundry to a new place. There is no discharge pipe yet on the new place. If I branch the 4" buried pipe to the new place, do i need a vent there? The length of the new branch will be about 6 feet. thanks.

Re: do I need a vent here?

For laundry here yes...but could put a Sure-Vent on it since in basement...
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
      I am installing interior french drain under the basement now. I am thinking move the laundry to a new place. There is no discharge pipe yet on the new place. If I branch the 4" buried pipe to the new place, do i need a vent there? The length of the new branch will be about 6 feet. thanks.
      Plumbing codes differ in many states. So what is required in California or Texas may be different in Mass. You will likely be better served to get an answer from a plumber with knowledge of your local code requirements.

For example, here in Mn all plumbing vents must terminate outside the building. Meaning no mechanical type plumbing vents are allowed. However, mechanical vents are allowed in other States.

Good luck.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

mechanical vents are always a bad idea on a washer line IMO
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
          mechanical vents are always a bad idea on a washer line IMO
          And why does a clothes washer make a difference in your opinion?

Comment

pumped discharge on a relatively small line. I'm more comfortable with a good fresh air vent that doesn't depend on a diaphragm operating properly to protect the trap seal.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post

Why don't you ask the plumbing inspector when you take out the permit!!!

Comment

Working...
              X