Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Garden Hose and Pex Piping

Attachment

Can you tell the difference in skill level between both of these products?

Attachment

Of course not.
    Attached Files
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Difference between Garden Hose and Pex Piping

I have uncles that still say the same about PVC.

One complains that sch 40 pvc p-traps and k-sink wastes lasts too long and is the worst thing ever for repair work. When he retired I dont think they had sch 40 waste and overflows.....wait till I tell him,he will be heart broken

Comment

You know that is a very inaccurate representation. I could throw up a picture of a roll of copper too.

Still love ya'.

J.C.

Comment

Oh boy..here we go again
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          You know that is a very inaccurate representation. I could throw up a picture of a roll of copper too.

Still love ya'.

J.C.
          Thats what you get when theres no real argument to be made. Everyone needs an excuse for their failures.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Still love ya'.

J.C.
            Or wardflex, or gastite, or trac pipe...or cpvc, or poly , or...

Comment

Funny thing...When they 1st came out with csst our municipality would not accept it for potable water use (it's original design purpose) ..Then they accepted it for gas installations..fact

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                Attachment

Can you tell the difference in skill level between both of these products?

Attachment

Of course not.

Of course there is a big difference in the skill level required. Can you imagine how hard it would be to pipe your house in garden hose. You have to worry about washers, bastard hose threads, Y connectors. However, it would make for an easy hookup to washers and new dishwashers. It would take at least twice as long to repipe a house using garden hose. The commercial, "so simple a caveman can do it" comes to mind everytime I complete a professional looking PEX install
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 02-05-2011, 01:13 AM.
                Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                  Of course there is a big difference in the skill level required. Can you imagine how hard it would be to pipe your house in garden hose. You have to worry about washers, bastard hose threads, Y connectors. However, it would make for an easy hookup to washers and new dishwashers. It would take at least twice as long to repipe a house using garden hose. The commercial, "so simple a caveman can do it" comes to mind everytime I complete a professional looking PEX install
                  But if you had a hose reel like the wirsbo uncoiler it would cut your installation time in 1/2

Comment

How much skill is really involved soldering 1/2-1" copper? IMO copper s just more work not that much skill in it. Its simple science.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                      How much skill is really involved soldering 1/2-1" copper? IMO copper s just more work not that much skill in it. Its simple science.
                      It's simple because we can do it . I consider it a skill..Possibly a dying art... Is there such a thing as an "unlicensed artist"

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                        It's simple because we can do it . I consider it a skill..Possibly a dying art... Is there such a thing as an "unlicensed artist"
                        Soldering never impressed me as being technically difficult or physically challenging. It just costs more and takes more time to install.

Comment

funny thing is before guys that leaded there joints and their apprentice that ran the galvanized thought copper was ruining the industry lol
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

that's like telling an electrician that romex is an extension cord.

believe it or not, with romex, you better have it right. there is no going back after the walls are in.

it's been close to 10 years since i've used a piece of pex. and if it wasn't for the 10' section of 3/4'' pex, the building would have had an ugly looking exterior scar. instead of a 4'' x 6'' access panel.

call it what you want, pex is here to stay, and copper will eventually be a product of the past.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

copper will eventually be a product of the past.
                              Maybe that will be true for residential and light commercial work, but I
                              suspect it will remain for other applications long after it has gone by
                              the wayside in your line of work.

How do PEX or other plastics hold up when used for steam tracing?
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X