Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

drill a 2" hole through the 10" concrete wall?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drill a 2" hole through the 10" concrete wall?

The photos show where our washer is. The washer discharge line is against an INTERNAL 10" concrete wall. The connected main line is a 3' pipe. It is one end of this main line. This 3" pipe goes along the 10" wall and connects to another 4" main sewer pipe at another end.

There is another room which is separated by that INTERNAL 10" concrete wall. My gas boiler and hot water tank are located at that room. So we are thinking more the washer and dryer to that room as well. The best option is just flip over with that 10" concrete wall. But there is no sewer line on that room.

Ther are two options if we want to flip over the washer and dryer to another room:
    1. branch the burried sewer pipe to that room by digging;
    2. drill a 2" or 1.5" hole through the concrete wall and use the same discharge point for the washer;

I think the option 2 is an easier way to go. Am I right? Do you have a better idea?

thanks,
    Attached Files

Re: drill a 2" hole through the 10" concrete wall?

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
    The photos show where our washer is. The washer discharge line is against an INTERNAL 10" concrete wall. The connected main line is a 3' pipe. It is one end of this main line. This 3" pipe goes along the 10" wall and connects to another 4" main sewer pipe at another end.

There is another room which is separated by that INTERNAL 10" concrete wall. My gas boiler and hot water tank are located at that room. So we are thinking more the washer and dryer to that room as well. The best option is just flip over with that 10" concrete wall. But there is no sewer line on that room.

Ther are two options if we want to flip over the washer and dryer to another room:
    2. drill a 2" or 1.5" hole through the concrete wall and use the same discharge point for the washer;

I think the option 2 is an easier way to go. Am I right? Do you have a better idea?

thanks,

If the discharge is coming thru the wall within the same distance as it is now...drilling the hole will be a hell of a lot easier than busting up a huge hole in the floor and trying to deal with that...local rental place should rent a 1.5" OR 2" core drill...but be careful...core drillers can hurt if bit gets hung...plus you know this setup works already...plus you don't know whats under the slab or how deep it is....IMO only....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
      If the discharge is coming thru the wall within the same distance as it is now
      Acutually I will be able to shorten the discharge distance if i move washer to another room.

Comment

I'd ask your local inspector.

J.C.

Comment

Acutually I will be able to shorten the discharge distance if i move washer to another room.
          Bada bing bada boom...there you have...go to town!!!
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

thanks,
            I'm in arlington, I'll grab My core drill and shoot over. Then We'll hit the combat zone and throw a few down!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Well either way, you're going to want to correct the piping where it meets that vent(?) stack. That tee that it's currently connected to should be a sanitary tee.
              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

why new parts down by the ci cleanout? whats that all about? breid.............

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                  why new parts down by the ci cleanout? whats that all about? breid.............
                  few months ago, there was a leakage there. My friend and I replaced them. Just a replacement, same layout.

Comment

Working...
                  X