Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any minimum distance requirement for cleanout tee?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any minimum distance requirement for cleanout tee?

Just wondering is there any minimum height requirement from the ground to the cleanout tee? Because we may use cleanout equipment for the cleanout task.

Re: any minimum distance requirement for cleanout tee?

Mass plumbing code can be reviewed online, I believe. I strongly recommend you have a plumber install the clean-out. If the stack you cut into is not properly supported you could injure yourself and cause all sorts of damage.
    Mike

Comment

It is a 3" x 1.5" vent only line. I want to change it to be the shower drain line and also moved it to a corner of the bathroom. Everything is cleaned out there. I am ready to reinstall now. Just wondering if I should add the cleanout immediately above the ground or leave some space for easier access.

how about the original installation? if it is good enough, i can simply follow its layout. but i will convert it from 3" to 2" after the cleanout.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by thisnewowner; 02-12-2011, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
        It is a 3" x 1.5" vent only line. I want to change it to be the shower drain line and also moved it to a corner of the bathroom. Everything is cleaned out there. I am ready to reinstall now. Just wondering if I should add the cleanout immediately above the ground or leave some space for easier access.

how about the original installation? if it is good enough, i can simply follow its layout. but i will convert it from 3" to 2" after the cleanout.
        If it's a vent only line why do you need a cleanout?
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          If it's a vent only line why do you need a cleanout?
          It was a vent only line. Now I am changing it to be a shower drain line.

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
            It was a vent only line. Now I am changing it to be a shower drain line.
            So what kind of line would it be called then?

Comment

If code allows, I would have it exit outside the house at 3 feet above the ground.
              I used a 3-inch long-sweep Y (looks more like an r) to which I solvent-welded a screw cap.

It is at a comfortable working height (pronounced "hite") and no need to bring the power snake inside.
              I also placed an outdoor outlet nearby for the snake.
              I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
              It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
              "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

robert you are are the man. where i live they put the clean out where it is easy to install, that's if they put one in at all. the refrain is "i don't care because i'm not going to be the guy to use it. code says i have to put one in and there it is." breid................

Comment

If it opens into a living space then 6" above the flood rim of the lowest fixture. If it is an end of line cleanout extending outside the building it can finish at grade.

Comment

Working...
                  X