X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor home sewer smell

Some times a trap must dry out and We have to deal with the odor to clear up, sometimes on the road! Any products to clear out the odor fast ? Tanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: motor home sewer smell

bottle of peppermint oil in the offending trap

What?! you won't smell the sewer gas anymore
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Put you some of that blue juice of doom in the holding tank like they use in the Port-A-Lets.

J.C.

Comment

There is no trap on your toilet but there is a seal to maintain water in the bowl. You may want to see about replacing the seal if the bowl is dry. In addition make sure you are using chemicals in you holding tank for the odor. You may need extra chemicals when your in a warmer climate.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          There is no trap on your toilet but there is a seal to maintain water in the bowl. You may want to see about replacing the seal if the bowl is dry. In addition make sure you are using chemicals in you holding tank for the odor. You may need extra chemicals when your in a warmer climate.

Mark
          Thanks Mark I am guessing It's the seal on the toilet also. I do add chem to holding tanks. And both sinks do have traps. Maybe I'll try pepperment oil in Hold tanks!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

We will occasionally get an odor if someone flushes while on the road or even if the wind is blowing. We think it has to do with air entering the vent. Going to try one of those swivel venturi vent caps.
            http://www.backroadtravelers.com/venturi.html
            When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Working...
            X