Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual stage regulator inlet gauge needle stuck!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual stage regulator inlet gauge needle stuck!

Hi all!

I have installed a new dual stage regulator for my gas cylinder. After installation, the needle of the inlet gauge does not settle to zero and remains at same position even when I close the cylinder. What could be the problem?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    DV

Re: Dual stage regulator inlet gauge needle stuck!

Did you bleed the gas out??

Comment

Re: Dual stage regulator inlet gauge needle stuck!

Originally posted by dcomp View Post
      Hi all!

I have installed a new dual stage regulator for my gas cylinder. After installation, the needle of the inlet gauge does not settle to zero and remains at same position even when I close the cylinder. What could be the problem?
      Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      DV
      It's been a while, but, you might have gas trapped between the primary and secondary regulators. Did you open the nozzle on the torch to relieve residual pressure in the regulator?

Before you installed the regulator did you notice if the inlet gauge read zero or something above?

Assuming the gauge shows pressure when the regulator is open, then the gauge sounds like it might be out of calibration. Maybe the gauge was bumped or twisted when it was installed?

Does the gauge return to zero when you remove the regulator from the tank?
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
      X