Venting for a basement utility sink

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Venting for a basement utility sink

In the basement of every building there shall be an accessible future vent connection. Buildings that require a main vent stack shall have a future vent connection full size of said vent stack. In all other buildings (including residential) there shall be a minimum of a two inch future vent connection. All future vent connections shall be drip connected and labeled. So start peeling that insulation down and look for your future vent.

Comment

Originally posted by rmurf69 View Post
      In the basement of every building there shall be an accessible future vent connection. Buildings that require a main vent stack shall have a future vent connection full size of said vent stack. In all other buildings (including residential) there shall be a minimum of a two inch future vent connection. All future vent connections shall be drip connected and labeled...
      Would this apply to a house built in 2000 in unincorporated Arapahoe County, Colorado?
      Would a "future vent connection" look like an inverted Wye with piece of capped pipe descending from it?
      Does "drip connected" mean something my boss putogether?
      Thank you.
      Last edited by Robert Gift; 02-25-2011, 06:15 AM.
      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Originally posted by rmurf69 View Post
        In the basement of every building there shall be an accessible future vent connection. Buildings that require a main vent stack shall have a future vent connection full size of said vent stack. In all other buildings (including residential) there shall be a minimum of a two inch future vent connection. All future vent connections shall be drip connected and labeled. So start peeling that insulation down and look for your future vent.
        rmurf that's Mass code where plumbing is still plumbing and plumbers are still plumbers. The IPC dropped the future vent requirement over 10 years ago.
        sigpic

Comment

Why can't I reply with a quote like the rest of you seem to do? I hit quote button,but it asks me to log in,when I am already logged on. Then when I try to log on again it just brings me back to the log on screen. The only way it seems I can post in threads is if I go to the beginning of the thread and hit the post button there.

Comment

It seems I do not have some of the toolbar options in my message format, like Multi quote,Thanks,Edit,Quick reply or Blog this message. Whats up with that?

Comment

Have you paid your dues yet? If not make checks payable to nhmaster3015
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Have you paid your dues yet? If not make checks payable to nhmaster3015
                I see you received my check and thankyou.

Comment

Working...
                X