X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan 300 Compact Snake Question.

My wife's grandfather was a master plumber, before his passing away approximately 11 years ago. We had been able to gather some of the tools of his trade, from an old building that he'd owned, and one of them was this Spartan 300 Compact Snake. I'd forgotten about it until we began having some sewer problems. It will require a great bit of cleaning up, but (and surprisingly enough) its motor isn't seized. The cable has been broken off, and the balance of it is really rusted. I don't know what a replacement cable would cost, but would like to get some ideas - from the pros - on whether or not this unit might be worth investing in a replacement cable.

Advanced thanks.
    Attached Files
    ~Blessings~

Nathan

Re: Spartan 300 Compact Snake Question.

Originally posted by NLAlston View Post
    My wife's grandfather was a master plumber, before his passing away approximately 11 years ago. We had been able to gather some of the tools of his trade, from an old building that he'd owned, and one of them was this Spartan 300 Compact Snake. I'd forgotten about it until we began having some sewer problems. It will require a great bit of cleaning up, but (and surprisingly enough) its motor isn't seized. The cable has been broken off, and the balance of it is really rusted. I don't know what a replacement cable would cost, but would like to get some ideas - from the pros - on whether or not this unit might be worth investing in a replacement cable.

Advanced thanks.
    Spartan 300 is a great machine , and still widely sold and used. That machine has as pictured has 5/8" cable in it two 50' sections would run you around 200 bucks. Also that machine has the mount for an auto feed, but looks like one of the thumb screws has been broken off, which is an easy fix as well.

Now if you want to make that machine a bit more lighter and have more torque you can invest in the .55 magnum cable, you will have to change the anchor in the drum along with the anchor clamp. Plus you would need the .55 magnum punch pin and double males for your blades. The investment is a bit more but well worth it. One other thing we did with our Spartan 300 machines is to get the Spartan 100 drums with the adapter fitting so we can use the one machine on smaller lines as well.

You can get parts, cable and anything you need for the machine from Alan J Coleman, they are in Chicago but ship anywhere, and have parts in stock 99% of the time.http://www.allanjcoleman.com/
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Spartan, A top of the line machine. For a drain cleaner no question about it. It is worth putting back in good working order

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

It is very good to know that this unit is worth investing in. I am not a plumber, but we've been having sewer issues due to constantly encroaching tree roots. The snake would not be leaving our property, so there is no concern over making it lighter (though I appreciate that information)
        ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

Working...
        X