Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Just purchased a SSP-1000 (advice on install)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased a SSP-1000 (advice on install)

The previous owners had an archaic pedestal style sump pump that recently failed on me this morning. I purchased this unit as a replacement and right now I used a brute-force method to evacuate most of the water from the basin as my piping was 1.5 inch and the pump to the outside world was just 1.25 inch (so yeah, I had some water spraying out of the top).

this makes me want to do a couple things...

1) get a check valve and thread it into the pump and attach the hose into that to prevent water from escaping down into the basin again

2) Get a backup sump pump (which one should I get???)

this begs me to ask the following:

Should I use PVC piping instead of a black flexible hose? I am contemplating outsourcing the work to a contractor as I just don't have the time, but I also don't want to spend extra if I know this all could be done in an afternoon.

I have time....water is not flowing into the basin as we are still in the winter season.

Paul

Re: Just purchased a SSP-1000 (advice on install)

Originally posted by brunp View Post
    The previous owners had an archaic pedestal style sump pump that recently failed on me this morning. I purchased this unit as a replacement and right now I used a brute-force method to evacuate most of the water from the basin as my piping was 1.5 inch and the pump to the outside world was just 1.25 inch (so yeah, I had some water spraying out of the top).

this makes me want to do a couple things...

1) get a check valve and thread it into the pump and attach the hose into that to prevent water from escaping down into the basin again

2) Get a backup sump pump (which one should I get???)

this begs me to ask the following:

Should I use PVC piping instead of a black flexible hose? I am contemplating outsourcing the work to a contractor as I just don't have the time, but I also don't want to spend extra if I know this all could be done in an afternoon.

I have time....water is not flowing into the basin as we are still in the winter season.

Paul
    well I would say yes to the pvc pipeing you should never have flex hose in the house conected to the sump pump and there should be a check valve apx 3' up off the pump and about 2" above the male adapter there should be a 3/16" hole drilled in the pipe to help prevent hydro lock
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
    X