X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 460 Stand

My buddy ask me to help him thread some black iron gas pipe since I have a power threader...anyways we said I have a stand...he bought a 460...my question is this-there is a large screw like deal in the platform...does anybody know what the heck that is? My bud don't know anything other that he paid $400.00 bucks for it, which seems a little high??
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Re: Ridgid 460 Stand

I believe the large adjustment screw on the tri stand is for putting a piece of pipe on it a wedging it up to a ceiling for more stabilization when threading
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
      I believe the large adjustment screw on the tri stand is for putting a piece of pipe on it a wedging it up to a ceiling for more stabilization when threading
      Whoa...that I would like to see that!!!!

Derek

Comment

That's exactly what it is for! (says the guy who used the Engineering Test Lab's special cut to exact length ceiling jack pipe to do some thread cut testing... )
        Steve
        www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Yep. You betcha!!
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

thanks guys...still have a hard time seeing this but it does make sense!!!

Derek

Comment

still trying to get a long enough pipe extension for when i thread outside

and to think 1'' black iron pipe cut, reamed, threaded, and screwed in 66 seconds without a sky jack all by hand

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                still trying to get a long enough pipe extension for when i thread outside

and to think 1'' black iron pipe cut, reamed, threaded, and screwed in 66 seconds without a sky jack all by hand

rick.
                Rick, that was two Roundups ago, when you were much younger.
                The Other Rick

Comment

don't worry rick, the trick is in the oiler. i can shave a few seconds now

sad part is i have more electric threader than i can count on 1 hand, so hand threading is a lost art for me.

i guess we'll have to see at the next roundup or next weeks trade show

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

sad part is i have more electric threader than i can count on 1 hand, so hand threading is a lost art for me.

rick.
                    My time was 1min 25 sec. Thank God I don't have to do that on a daily basis, it really wore me out. Can't wait till another Roundup, its about time.
                    The Other Rick

Comment

rick.
                      Okay I'll bite...looking to get rid of a threader?

Derek

Comment

Working...
                      X