X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recognize this gasket?

this gasket/washer came with my new valve, but it does not appear to be accounted for in the parts list.

http://www.sloanvalve.com/Maintenanc...lushometer.pdf

___
    Last edited by JJJAAAMMM; 02-25-2011, 10:50 PM.

Re: Recognize this gasket?

kinda of looks like the gasket in the shut off valve...
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I bet they just dropped this in the box to drive me crazy

Comment

Originally posted by JJJAAAMMM View Post
        I bet they just dropped this in the box to drive me crazy
        HA! Its better than missing a piece in the box just to drive you crazy...

Derek

Comment

that's true, it fits perfectly in the control stop vandal cap, but I don't really see a reason for it to be in there, the "teeth" don't bite into anything. It does not fit or line up with any other inlet or connection in the entire rig.

I did an online search of all sloan washers and gaskets and found nothing that matches. Hmmm.

Comment

that's true, it fits perfectly in the control stop vandal cap, but I don't really see a reason for it to be in there, the "teeth" don't bite into anything. It does not fit or line up with any other inlet or connection in the entire rig.

I did an online search of all sloan washers and gaskets and found nothing that matches. Hmmm.
            Sorry, I meant the gasket inside the shut-off valve itself...my bad...Im not saying that it, it just looks like it...

Derek

Comment

the funny thing is, all the related bracketed parts in the diagram come together in sealed bags. This is the only loose non chrome piece in the box.

Comment

the funny thing is, all the related bracketed parts in the diagram come together in sealed bags. This is the only loose non chrome piece in the box.
                Never bought a Gen 2 series...if and that's a big if, it might be an extra replacement gasket....we'll have to see if some other smarter people can tell us...I have seen gen 2's but haven't worked on any yet....

Derek

Comment

it doesn't look to match any of the replacement parts. I looked through every single sloan flushometer part. Nothing. I am really more curious than anything at this point.

Comment

Found it! looks like i was right about the vandal cap. Page 4.

http://www.sloanvalve.com/Maintenanc...ntrol_Stop.pdf

I assume it is meant to provide enough friction to keep the cap from backing off.

Last edited by JJJAAAMMM; 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I work on sloan lots and also never came across that one yet. Nice to learn something new.

Comment

I was just fooling around with it, I guess it acts like a compression fitting; when the cap is tight it pushes the rubber to expand and makes it really hard to unscrew by hand.

Comment

Thanks! Like shock said, it's always good to learn something new.
                          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                          X