X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ADA Toilets & Seat Bidets?

toto 200 or 300. I have installed enough to say it would be your best bet. You can also consider a coway. built very rugged and cleans awesome. I have installed very few Coways so take that with a grain of salt. 400 is heavy for any other brands but others have held up O.K. and some have been destoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Thanks Geno. PM's are full.

J.C.
      Sheesh, so delete a few oldies.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
        Sheesh, so delete a few oldies.
        Deleted some. Thanks all. Really helped alot.

I'm thinking lower end/lower priced Coway. BA12 or BA15. Trying to give good function but not break the bank either.

Any issues anyone knows of with either of these. Don't mind stepping up if they have problems, but didn't want to get in the 5 bills range.

Many more things to buy.....shower, bars everywhere, etc. etc.

Thanks again.

J.C.

Comment

Don't forget about the inexpensive models J.C. Many many people are very happy with them. Under $100 and you are just as clean as if you spent $1000.00. what are the other health issues? this helps me help them

What unit do you use J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
            Don't forget about the inexpensive models J.C. Many many people are very happy with them. Under $100 and you are just as clean as if you spent $1000.00. what are the other health issues? this helps me help them

What unit do you use J.C.
            Not aware of the other health issues. Weight is the primary one that I know about. They are supposed to try and get to a healthier weight. Once done, whatever the other issue are may go away or become manageable.

I don't use one currently.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Not aware of the other health issues. Weight is the primary one that I know about. They are supposed to try and get to a healthier weight. Once done, whatever the other issue are may go away or become manageable.

I don't use one currently.

Thanks.

J.C.
              If money is an issue and weight is the only trouble a cheep unit will be fine. We have had good success with overwieght people and inexpensive units.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                Don't forget about the inexpensive models J.C. ...
                What are some inexpensive models which you like?

Conway BA12 is $269.
                http://www.thefactoryoutlet.com/bath...ba12-11028.asp
                I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
                It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
                "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                  What are some inexpensive models which you like?

Conway BA12 is $269.
                  http://www.thefactoryoutlet.com/bath...ba12-11028.asp
                  the BB50 is cheep and you can find them all over the internet. I don't sell them anymore and I no longer ship the brand I sell. I only sell them local ,except to SlimTim or Dunbar.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                    At 400 lbs I would prefer a one piece toilet. Unfortunately they don't have as good a MaP rating as the two piece toilets of the same model. They have good ratings (800) but not as good (1000 out of possible 1000) as the two piece.

Wouldn't normally be an issue except I have found in my experience that people in poor health on various medications generally have larger stools than normal.

Saysflushable can better advise you on the bidet seat of course, but I have a customer in the 300 lb range and the ToTo bidet seat handles him just fine. Get one with the remote control though, because the side controls get covered by the flab.
                    Thanks Tim. I hadn't even thought of this problem. One with a remote puts a person out of the "cheap" toilet seat bidets.

Gotta' pay to spray. (Don't steal my bidet sales line. )

J.C.

Comment

I had a customer once who was in the 420lb range, and he had a standard 2 piece toilet that was 30 years old that needed to be replaced. We put in a brand new Kohler wellsworth back then, and had to rip it out 2 days later, cause he kept blocking it up.

While this was a very large man, he also was going to the bathroom hard, and not taking his prescribed medicine for it.

We installed a Kohler power flush toilet and never heard from him again.

His next option was going to be to have an outhouse built, and I'm not saying that to be funny.

People of that size need power flushes toilets imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                        I had a customer once who was in the 420lb range, and he had a standard 2 piece toilet that was 30 years old that needed to be replaced. We put in a brand new Kohler wellsworth back then, and had to rip it out 2 days later, cause he kept blocking it up.

While this was a very large man, he also was going to the bathroom hard, and not taking his prescribed medicine for it.

We installed a Kohler power flush toilet and never heard from him again.

His next option was going to be to have an outhouse built, and I'm not saying that to be funny.

People of that size need power flushes toilets imo.
                        Thanks Flux. I have also been thinking about that and was going to mention it to them. I have an older decent 3 to 4 gpf gravity around here somewhere.

I also had planned to reroute the W/M to help flush this bathroom group.

I'm a worrier.

J.C.

Comment

...People of that size need power flushes toilets imo.
                          People like that need to add fiber to their lousy diet.
                          And eat more vegetable to help lose weight and improve health.

I was going to install a pay bidet.

I remember pay toilets from the 1960s.
                          Wonder when the last pay toilet was removed.
                          I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
                          It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
                          "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Thanks Flux. I have also been thinking about that and was going to mention it to them. I have an older decent 3 to 4 gpf gravity around here somewhere.

I also had planned to reroute the W/M to help flush this bathroom group.

I'm a worrier.

J.C.
                            Yea, we ripped out an old 3 gpf and that's why he didn't have a problem before. But in my case, with him going to the bathroom hard, I'm still surprised the 3gpf held up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                              People like that need to add fiber to their lousy diet.
                              And eat more vegetable to help lose weight and improve health.

I was going to install a pay bidet.

I remember pay toilets from the 1960s.
                              Wonder when the last pay toilet was removed.
                              We really felt bad for this guy. When we installed the power flush, my father said to him "If this doesn't work I'm not sure what we are going to do", the guy started crying.

Sadly the guy passed away within the year after we installed the toilet.

Comment

We really felt bad for this guy. When we installed the power flush, my father said to him "If this doesn't work I'm not sure what we are going to do", the guy started crying.

Sadly the guy passed away within the year after we installed the toilet.
                                Your plumbing did him in.

j/k

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X