• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Would You Do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      A man 200mi from anything, at a farm and all he has is a pocket full of tools.
      My wife carries more tools than that in her coat.

Gene just for you.

http://break.com/index/the-bra-toolbox.html?matchid=
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

That's wifey material right there
        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Pull the drain off WH and thred it into 3/s valve

Comment

A CARPENTER would drive in a wooden plug . I'm working on My People skills.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thats why he called a plumber.

Comment

This post sounds like a load of crap. I have read lots of posts on this forum, and I noticed you state you are a better plumber than anyone else on this forum. So why would a plumber of your caliber start a post like this asking others for help, others that you look down on yet. There is to many inconsistencies with your posts not just in this thread but many more. The feel I get from most of your posts is that you want to raise your post count with dribble, and argue with everyone that is not a devout follower of you. I for one will not read your threads anymore, I do not see them being helpful to anyone but yourself.

Comment

1/2" T&p Relief Valve Watts Water Tech Model: DP1L-2
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

When I have done plumbing calls way out in the country at the ranches and farms, the people in these remote places are very resourcefull. They have to be. They tend to save everything left over from the last project. Their barns and sheds are full old maintence items that could be a short term fix for almost anything. I've had more than one call where I'm scrounging for a fitting in my truck and they walk up with two 5 gallon buckets of assorted fittings. I gets done one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychPlumber View Post
                      This post sounds like a load of crap. I have read lots of posts on this forum, and I noticed you state you are a better plumber than anyone else on this forum. So why would a plumber of your caliber start a post like this asking others for help, others that you look down on yet. There is to many inconsistencies with your posts not just in this thread but many more. The feel I get from most of your posts is that you want to raise your post count with dribble, and argue with everyone that is not a devout follower of you. I for one will not read your threads anymore, I do not see them being helpful to anyone but yourself.
                      Your right.....your post sounds like a load of crap. Says so in the first line of it.

Where did I state I was a better plumber than anyone on the forum? I think you may have things mixed up in your head. Please find any and all of what your talking about and QUOTE it for me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
                        When I have done plumbing calls way out in the country at the ranches and farms, the people in these remote places are very resourcefull. They have to be. They tend to save everything left over from the last project. Their barns and sheds are full old maintence items that could be a short term fix for almost anything. I've had more than one call where I'm scrounging for a fitting in my truck and they walk up with two 5 gallon buckets of assorted fittings. I gets done one way or another.
                        We have a customer way out in the middle of nowhere which is on 100 acre horse farm. The closest supply house is 30 minutes away easily. People argue whether or not these people are millionaires or billionaires.

If I'm stuck for a fitting, the owner will come out with a box of fittings/Plumbing parts that have years of dirt and dust collecting on them. The guy drives around the farm in a late 80' Ford pick-up truck, AND any copper I cut out..he wants to save it for himself so he can scrap.

He keeps asking me to drink his water, cause he has a natural spring running through his property. I have yet to take him up on his offer..

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                          We have a customer way out in the middle of nowhere which is on 100 acre horse farm. The closest supply house is 30 minutes away easily. People argue whether or not these people are millionaires or billionaires.

If I'm stuck for a fitting, the owner will come out with a box of fittings/Plumbing parts that have years of dirt and dust collecting on them. The guy drives around the farm in a late 80' Ford pick-up truck, AND any copper I cut out..he wants to save it for himself so he can scrap.

He keeps asking me to drink his water, cause he has a natural spring running through his property. I have yet to take him up on his offer..
                          Didn't u know millionaires and crazy people go hand in hand??
                          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Do you think he got to be a millionaire by throwing away perfectly good copper.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                              Do you think he got to be a millionaire by throwing away perfectly good copper.
                              He became a Millionaire because his father had some patent on jet engines. Before that..they were tree farmers.

But..I just laugh to myself when he wants to keep the copper. But after all..it is his.

Comment

I have found that alot of these out of town ranch owners in our area have inherited family land and are more land rich and money poor. They have to work regular jobs to keep the bills paid and the whole horse/cattle ranch thing is more of a tax write off to keep the ranch in the family and keep handing it down to the next generation.
                                Last edited by plumb4life; 03-01-2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X