X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faucet Issue.

In our kitchen, the hot water side of our faucet has (for some reason) lost pressure. Its output is about 1/3 of what it was. This isn't something that happened over a period of time. It was working fine, then - all of a sudden - we experienced this low-pressure situation.

Every other faucet in the home (hot and cold) works just as it already had been; with proper flow.

I don't know what to make of this, or what might be the right course of action to take (fixed income/limited funds). Is it possible that, just maybe, the under-sink hot water line may have somehow become partially plugged?
    ~Blessings~

Nathan

Re: faucet Issue.

Maybe you have floodstop supply lines that are malfunctioning....or perhaps a washer came off a compression stop valve. Or maybe foreign debris has entered the water supply and obstructed it......or etc. Start with stop valve and work your way up.

Comment

is this a single handle pull out faucet? if so there are backflow checks on the inlet connections that need possible cleaning.

easiest thing is to disconnect the feed line from the faucet at the hot side and test the hot without the faucet connected to the flex into a 5 gallon bucket. that will determine the issue. also try back flushing the hot side of the faucet from the cold side by mixing with the spout covered or blocked by a rag , your palm or a dime in the aerator.

you should be able to easily isolate the location of the problem with this test.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks to both of you (TheMaster, and Rick).

In answer to your question (Rick), the concerned faucet is a single, pull-up lever type.

Tomorrow I will follow your suggestions, and am confident that one of them will reveal the causative factor behind this problematic issue.

I appreciate you guys.
        ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

The strangest thing happened.

Before I could get to the faucet issue we learned that our basement had become flooded. Overnight, it had taken on at least six inches of water over the entire (full basement) floor. It took us a good while to get that water down (though I just found that it is back up again), and - just today - I turned the that kitchen faucet on, to find that its pressure was back to normal.

I have NO IDEA what was going on with it.
          ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

An intermittent leak that caused the drop in pressure and flooded basement perhaps? Did you find out where the water in the basement came from?
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
              An intermittent leak that caused the drop in pressure and flooded basement perhaps? Did you find out where the water in the basement came from?
              well, I know that we have problems with tree roots - as we have had to summon plumbers out here, on more occasions than average, to have such matters snaked out.

I also realize now that I am going to have to run a dedicated power outlet for the snake. It is now on the same circuit with the washer and clothes dryer. Needless to say, when the both the washer and sump pump kicks in there are (understandably) issues. That, in itself, is a simple matter to correct, and I am proficient enough to handle that task myself.
              ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

Working...
              X