Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohler Mixing Valve Help

Hello gang,
    I'm putting in a new shower and my wife really likes the kohler K-T10583-4 shower head but I noticed that it does not come with a mixing valve and I need to purchase one. I'm looking at the K-304 and K-2971. there is a huge price difference between the two. Does anyone on here have a preference or suggestion as to which one I should be looking at? thanks for the suggestions, I've only ever installed mix valves that have come with the head and handle, I've never had to buy one.

Re: Kohler Mixing Valve Help

As far as I know one has stops on it...i think they both use the same internal parts...other than that should be about the same thing...
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
      As far as I know one has stops on it...i think they both use the same internal parts...other than that should be about the same thing...
      ya, the 304KS has stops in it too over the plane Jane 304-k i was just wondering if there was something that was ultra "cool" about the K-2971. As long as the guts are the same then that means about a 200 dollar savings. Maybe body-sprayers then...

Comment

Originally posted by skimann20 View Post
        ya, the 304KS has stops in it too over the plane Jane 304-k i was just wondering if there was something that was ultra "cool" about the K-2971. As long as the guts are the same then that means about a 200 dollar savings. Maybe body-sprayers then...
        i can't give any reason justifying the extra cost other than if and when you have a problem...with the stops you could shut it off without turning off the house...so then you can order parts and still have water on to house...although if you don't exercise those stops every so often then when you do they probably wont work well...was Delta not an option?

Derek

Comment

I've only bough one delta piece and it lasted a little over 1 year. For what I payed for it, i'm not impressed at all! Do you have a suggestion for something that I should look at?

Comment

What's the max gpm on the two
            that's all that matters to me.Yu'se all can pick out all the pretties with tassles and piping

Comment

Well can you tell me what Delta you bought? tub faucet, lavatory, kitchen?? And what model ? How long ago? I ask because there are certain years and models that Delta made I would steer away...the new delta single handle pressure balance faucets for the last 10 years I have been putting in have had no problems--even with no softeners--

Derek

Comment

The K-2971 is a high flow valve rated at 13 gpm.
                Well worth the extra $, IMO.

Comment

The difference is really in the flow, and your showerhead is going to be restricted down to 2.5gpm at best .. so I would say stick with the 304 if you are only running the one head.

In addition if the stops are a deal breaker - the 304-KS has stops for about $123 list.

If you were looking to do a more "custom" shower you could move to a larger valve..

Comment

Working...
                  X