Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

New Fridge with Water and Ice Need Help!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fridge with Water and Ice Need Help!

Hope you guys can help us! We just ordered our new fridge. With my mom and dad living with us now, we surely need a larger fridge. So, we purchased one with the water dispenser and ice maker on the door.

However, my hubby isn't sure what he needs to purchase for the water supply line.

Question: What is the best way and material needed to install a waterline for a new fridge?

If you could help us, we would greatly appreciate it.

Cathy
    Assistant to Josh
    Ridge RULES!

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Re: New Fridge with Water and Ice Need Help!

If there is already a compression shut off valve on the cold side for the faucet.You should be able to shut the water off and replace the valve with a dual angle valve with a 1/4" outlet for the ice maker.Then use a 1/4" braided supply from the fridge to the new valve..
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I take it there is no water valve behind refer. where is refer in relation to kitchen sink? is there a water source closer than kitchen sink, water heater,laundry,bathroom? Slab or crawl space? Do have a reverse osmosis water filter?

wookie

Comment

check your v.m.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

My apology for not adding:

1. We have a basement with exposed plumbing where he can make modifications
          2. The fridge and sink are on opposite walls (directly across from each other).

Got on the phone with PlumberRick (owe him BIG!). There just might be some baked goods in your future! (over-nighted from here to there so they are TASTY inded!)

Cathy

Comment

Originally posted by henneca View Post
            My apology for not adding:

1. We have a basement with exposed plumbing where he can make modifications
            2. The fridge and sink are on opposite walls (directly across from each other).

Got on the phone with PlumberRick (owe him BIG!). There just might be some baked goods in your future! (over-nighted from here to there so they are TASTY inded!)

Cathy
            By the way did Rick tell you he asked my advice as to what to tell you before he called?

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              By the way did Rick tell you he asked my advice as to what to tell you before he called?

Mark
              cathy, remember the first call waiting was joey, telling me she got to work

the second call waiting that i ignored was mark

he just wants in on the cookies

but when i did return his call, i filled him in on the game plan

will work for food

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                cathy, remember the first call waiting was joey, telling me she got to work

the second call waiting that i ignored was mark

he just wants in on the cookies

but when i did return his call, i filled him in on the game plan

will work for food

rick.
                Please, are you really sticking with that story? It took you 25-mins to reply to henneca because you called me first. To make matters worse, I was on the phone with Joey when she got to work.

Mark

Comment

OK, OK! For fear of not getting help from Mark in the future, I'll get your address from Josh and send yummies to you too! I'm baking this weekend for a party so I'll send along to ya.

Rick, Rob may end up calling later. Dealing with doctor stuff now.

Cathy

(strawberry, cherry and blueberry breads are in the future!)

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Please, are you really sticking with that story? It took you 25-mins to reply to henneca because you called me first. To make matters worse, I was on the phone with Joey when she got to work.

Mark
                    do you really want me to play back your voice mail with the time stamp on it

plus too much sugar is not good for you

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      do you really want me to play back your voice mail with the time stamp on it

plus too much sugar is not good for you

rick.
                      That was my follow up call to see what you told her. Now we will have to wait for Joey to bust you on your other "tall tale".

Mark

Comment

I don't know what transpired earlier, but I was on the phone with Marky Mark as I was pulling into work.

Rick, I called you to verify the freeway closing wasn't the other direction since I got to work so fast!
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Mark and Rick, I didn't know you two were brothers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                            Mark and Rick, I didn't know you two were brothers!!!
                            We aren't, when we adopted Joey, Rick was the booby prize so to speak.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by henneca View Post
                              ... Got on the phone with PlumberRick (owe him BIG!). There just might be some baked goods in your future! (over-nighted from here to there so they are TASTY inded!)Cathy
                              Hey, I would have called and told you the same!!

I'm not a plumber.
                              In our basement I installed a valve and drilled a small hole and had 1/4-inch copper tube go 4-feet up behind the refrigerator.
                              Without a valve in the way, there was more room to slide the refrigerator back againsthe wall. (Not sure if code allows the valve not in the same room, but wife likes the refrigerator further back*.)
                              (If there werever a problem, the valve could be reached much faster from the basementhan struggling to pull the refrigerator out.)

*(I'm considering taking off the drywall and floor molding and even cutting the 2x4 studs to 2x2 to further move the refrigerator in. That wall is a non-bearing wall behind the powderoom toilet.)
                              Last edited by Robert Gift; 03-07-2011, 02:23 PM.
                              I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
                              It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
                              "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Working...
                              X