X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water low flow, cold OK?

Hi thanks for looking at my post, I appreciate any advice you can give me.

I cant get any decent flow from my kitchen faucet HW. Cold water flows out fine. The faucet is an upper-end Delta single lever high arc type. The strainer is not clogged. The home is 1987 with 1/2" copper supplies. The copper goes to a shutoff, then to the faucet. Hot water pressure is fine in the rest of the house.
    Incidentally the cold flows through an undersink filter system.

Any ideas?

Re: Hot water low flow, cold OK?

If you have a shutoff under the sink and any type of flexible supply line then you should remove the supply line from the faucet and run water into a bucket to see if the supply line is blocked. If you have good flow there then you will know that you probably have calcium or sediment built up inside the faucet. Deltas are simple to take apart so you could take the ball out and the cups and springs and see if anything is blocking that hot side.

Comment

Take the hot water supply line loose from the shut-off valve...now open the hot water valve...if pressure is good then blockage in supply line up to faucet...might be able to open faucet on cold side at that point, and hold hand over spout trying to free obstruction thru hot side supply line...if the pressure coming out of hot stop is low then blockage in stop or line leading to it...can replace stop but if before then little more involved...have towels on hand!!
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Ha two Missouri boys aren't afraid to answer...about what part ya from??

Derek

Comment

HaHa i'm from Bowling Green, just south of Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by rynei View Post
            HaHa i'm from Bowling Green, just south of Hannibal
            Awesome...did you guys get snow today? Welcome aboard!! I am near Rolla...you know in the middle of nothing!

Derek

Comment

we had snow flakes the size of quarters for a while today. never covered the ground though.
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Actually most of it went just south of us. We had some real big snow flakes right before dark that covered the ground but nothing to get excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                  we had snow flakes the size of quarters for a while today. never covered the ground though.
                  Sweet...glad to see you guys made it thu...springfield area seems to always get the crap end of stick...here it just rained and cold with little sleet...

Originally posted by rynei View Post
                  Actually most of it went just south of us. We had some real big snow flakes right before dark that covered the ground but nothing to get excited about.
                  Nice...you guys probably get what St. Louis gets, which is like MoJourneyman...a crappy end of the stick as well...

Glad to see Missourians on here...

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                    Jeez, I thought Missouri would be a better place to be this time of year than the snow belt up here in Buffalo, I guess not. Thanks for the advice guys, I will try this tonight and post back.

Comment

Name change

Well, I am changing my screen name to moroninbuffalo. I bought an extra sink supply line thinking i would use it to shoot the water into a bucket after disconnecting the HW supply line. Went under the sink and discovered that I had 2 shutoffs on the hot water and one was barely open. Easy fix, hard on the ego. Oh well...

Comment

Working...
                      X