Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Certificate of Insurance?

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    Sure ..They are not making anything off parts..And there will be no warranty on customer provided equipment ..more than likely
    I mean it is a SLAON control stop direct from the factory, with proof of sale in the box. It's not like I went down to a swap meet and got myself an ACME.

Comment

I am sorry but we will not install customer supplied parts in a condo, if the fixture or line that was supplied leaks or breaks the first person they will come after is us, then the part manufacturer is who our insurance would go after, I would not even want the hassle of the phone calls.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i have insurance that very few plumbers in town actually have. it's coverage that allows me to work for the building hoa. not too many companies want to fork up the money and not too many insurance companies write hoa coverage for plumbers.

in all the years, i think i've only give 1 additional insured and very few actually ask for proof of insurance. even though they are required to in the ccr's.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          I am sorry but we will not install customer supplied parts in a condo, if the fixture or line that was supplied leaks or breaks the first person they will come after is us, then the part manufacturer is who our insurance would go after, I would not even want the hassle of the phone calls.
          looks like I am going to be calling a lot of plumbers because I will insist on this part being used. I was willing to do the job myself, I'll even assume liability back from the plumber for the valve if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            To make up for not supplying the material..
            I don't know...I put in other people's stuff all the time...with the understanding there is no warranty...don't bother me a bit...doesn't seem right to charge extra for that...
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by JJJAAAMMM View Post
              looks like I am going to be calling a lot of plumbers because I will insist on this part being used. I was willing to do the job myself, I'll even assume liability back from the plumber for the valve if they want.
              Why make it hard at this point since it is already hard? Just return your part and since you know what it cost you can barter the price with the plumber on the part since you will already know the value.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Someone else gets it ..Thank you
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Why make it hard at this point since it is already hard? Just return your part and since you know what it cost you can barter the price with the plumber on the part since you will already know the value.
                  on principle, it is a SLOAN valve with a factory warrantee, like I said I was going to do the job myself (assuming all liability) hell in the scope of work they can put that the part is supplied by the customer and thus make no guarantees on the parts.

Comment

when you install a toilet do you require the customer to buy the toilet from you?

If I had a control stop that I accidentally took off, but was too stupid to know how to put back on, would you insist on installing a brand new one? Or would you take the job of re-installing a customer's existing displaced fixture?

I assume it must be raining business to insist on only touching supplied hardware.

Comment

on principle, it is a SLOAN valve with a factory warrantee, like I said I was going to do the job myself (assuming all liability) hell in the scope of work they can put that the part is supplied by the customer and thus make no guarantees on the parts.

As far as I am concerned you just answered your own question on what you should do...good luck!
                      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I Understand the principle, and I do the same thing myself sometimes
                        but if the fixture leaks in the wall to another unit that person might not be so understanding and not care about your waiver that you give a plumber. Heck 6 months from now you might not be so understanding...lol If it where your own house I would have no problem with you using your own parts but it is a condo and the way it is...is the way it is for condos.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                          I don't know...I put in other people's stuff all the time...with the understanding there is no warranty...don't bother me a bit...doesn't seem right to charge extra for that...
                          It's not right but that's a big part of how a lot of companies profit on a job..If the material is removed from the equation you are loosing money.. Why do you think a lot of these "contractors" want to supply their own fixtures etc..There are builders out there right now supplying their own fixtures..Soon they will be trying to supply rough materials and pay the contractor nothing but labor..

Trust me I prefer a homeowner to pick out their own fixtures .Thats a personal thing but when they do you are still loosing money and again when it doesn't work they are paying me again to un hook it so they can return it to hoe depot and paying me again to re install it..It happens
                          Last edited by OLD1; 03-16-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

when you install a toilet do you require the customer to buy the toilet from you?

If I had a control stop that I accidentally took off, but was too stupid to know how to put back on, would you insist on installing a brand new one? Or would you take the job of re-installing a customer's existing displaced fixture?

I assume it must be raining business to insist on only touching supplied hardware.
                            A stop or supply hose are the simplest and cheaper items that send chills down my spine in condos.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I Understand the principle, and I do the same thing myself sometimes
                              but if the fixture leaks in the wall to another unit that person might not be so understanding and not care about your waiver that you give a plumber. Heck 6 months from now you might not be so understanding...lol If it where your own house I would have no problem with you using your own parts but it is a condo and the way it is...is the way it is for condos.
                              the valve is exposed, it is not in-wall. It is a sloan control stop as part of a GEM II flushometer. It is a fixture. I would understand it it was a generic item.

Comment

the valve is exposed, it is not in-wall. It is a sloan control stop as part of a GEM II flushometer. It is a fixture. I would understand it it was a generic item.
                                Understood ..Is it even the right one? There were several opinions on that as well

Comment

Working...
                                X