Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Certificate of Insurance?

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    It's not right but that's a big part of how a lot of companies profit on a job..If the material is removed from the equation you are loosing money.. Why do you thing a lot of these "contractors" want to supply their own fixtures etc..There are builders out there right now supplying their own fixtures..Soon they will be trying to supply rough materials and pay the contractor nothing but labor..

Trust me I prefer a homeowner to pick out their own fixtures .Thats a personal thing but when they do you are still loosing money and again when it doesn't work they are paying me again to un hook it so they can return it to hoe depot and paying me again to re install it..It happens
    I know what your saying...and I agree but I just mean if a customer already had something on site I'll install it but if its something like a plastic walmart faucet, I will do my best to try to talk them out of it...but if they bought like a delta then I only lose on markup ...but that's why I make up for it on rolling stock to install that faucet....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
      I know what your saying...and I agree but I just mean if a customer already had something on site I'll install it but if its something like a plastic walmart faucet, I will do my best to try to talk them out of it...but if they bought like a delta then I only lose on markup ...but that's why I make up for it on rolling stock to install that faucet....

Right parts, supply tubes , valves , traps , escucheons , etc ..Things they weren't thinking about when they were at hoe depot
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Right parts, supply tubes , valves , traps , escucheons , etc ..Things they weren't thinking about when they were at hoe depot
        Man that's right...its amazing how quickly the bill can get even when they buy a faucet!!

Derek

Comment

Man that's right...its amazing how quickly the bill can get even when they buy a faucet!!
          You get the really ? Wow , wasn't thinking it would cost that much..Yep thats what is costs

Comment

Understood ..Is it even the right one? There were several opinions on that as well
            yes it is, it was supplied with the rest of the GEM II body (I have done about 100 hours of research on SLOAN flushometers and it is the only current model that sloan makes supplied for every GEM modification). Hell, maybe i'll have the plumber come just to remove the old valve. That is all I really need him for. I'll install the new one myself if that is a problem. The building was willing to let me do the work myself anyway. I had this all approved. The frozen fixture is what has halted me.

Maybe when I call the plumber I'll ask them if they could come and remove a frozen valve, then they will press me and I will tell them I have the new fixture and will be installing it, if they want to talk me into letting them do it, I am all ears.

Comment

Okay guys, I really want to thank all of you for your input, I think I have my answers - I will keep you guys posted.

The legend of the SLOAN valve replacement lives on...

Comment

You get the really ? Wow , wasn't thinking it would cost that much..Yep thats what is costs
                Yeah...sometimes...because its usually the ones who don't consult me first that are trying to save the money and buy crappy faucets...last year had a customer buy a generic delta.. i installed it and said good luck...13 months later it broke and he called and said how about you bring your faucet and install it for me..I said sure and when I was done he said he should have listen to me...its like people ask your opinion but then don't like the answer...anyways i digress...

Derek

Comment

Well keep us posted..I am surprised with all the plumbers on this site you haven't got a call yet..You have certainly done your home work and now are dealing with the red tape ..Sounds simple enough till the nipple snaps off in the wall..And it does happen

Comment

Ha seriously, any NYC based plumbers who are reading this, let me know, I am really easy to deal with and I tip. And my fridge is always stocked with beer.

Comment

Originally posted by JJJAAAMMM View Post
                      Okay guys, I really want to thank all of you for your input, I think I have my answers - I will keep you guys posted.

The legend of the SLOAN valve replacement lives on...
                      Thats too funny..Gotta give you credit for your determination..Def. keep us abreast of the situation

Comment

Thats too funny..Gotta give you credit for your determination..Def. keep us abreast of the situation
                        my determination will eventually be my downfall. but, hey I can now assemble and disassemble a SLOAN flushometer blindfolded in under 30 seconds. So I have that going for me.

Comment

Geno, here if somebody asks to be an additional insurer on your policy it was explained to me that if something happens to me on their site then my insurance will be the first to take care of any problems...and I get charged extra for having them on my policy....thats how I understood it...IDK??
                          I think your insurance agent can best answer that question in a couple minutes. I'll ask mine tomorrow. (if I remember)
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by JJJAAAMMM View Post
                            Ha seriously, any NYC based plumbers who are reading this, let me know, I am really easy to deal with and I tip. And my fridge is always stocked with beer.
                            Damn I'm surprised the phones not ringing off the hook

Comment

j

i get a service call cod and paid charge cod to make an exact. no estimates. NOR free. nothing is free. period. now if you get 10 people to come out you could have $1500.00 or $2000.00 in this puppy and your valve is still on your kitchen table. i personally would never put your valve in someone elses building. may just be me. i don't blame you for what you are doing but i don't deal in cheap. i would charge you misery money and make my exact so high that i would not get the job. don't be surprised if your bidder, also supplies their own valve.and parts. i would. i also tip. my tip of the day is "plant your rice early". breid.............

Comment

If the job was to just remove the frozen valve, you would not take it?

Also, I am a shareholder of the building and I own the apartment. All work is approved by the board of directors. The valve is part of a fixture, it is not a part of the building's infrastructure.

I find it hard to believe that all plumbers require their customers to purchase their fixtures through them. The fixture is covered by a manufacture's warrantee and is the highest quality flushometer control stop on the market.

If the job required removing a working control stop to cut the pipe back then re-installing the existing control stop would you require your customer to buy a new stop from you, even if the current stop is a year old and in perfect condition?
                                Last edited by JJJAAAMMM; 03-16-2011, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X