Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Certificate of Insurance? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Certificate of Insurance?

    i do install customer supplied parts. if it's junk, i tell them to get something else or i'll sell them something of quality.

    nothing wrong with installing your valve. it's the additional insured that is a deal breaker.

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Certificate of Insurance?

      Yeah, that is what I am worried about.

      But I assume that here in NYC with the overwhelming number of dwellings being in buildings exactly like mine, with similar work requirements, that may not be a problem for me.

      Based on the responses in this thread by some members who deal with condos/apartment buildings, it seems pretty standard.

      I will make some calls tomorrow and see what I can find. I would really love to get this job in at or under $275. I do believe that is reasonable, barring any unforeseen problems.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Certificate of Insurance?

        I used to work for a copany based in brooklyn that worked in manhatten .parkset plumbing 718 493 8700 i believe was the number. They were on atlantic ave in brooklyn

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Certificate of Insurance?

          Thanks, I will add them to my quote list.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Certificate of Insurance?

            Originally posted by dcman View Post
            Geno, here if somebody asks to be an additional insurer on your policy it was explained to me that if something happens to me on their site then my insurance will be the first to take care of any problems...and I get charged extra for having them on my policy....thats how I understood it...IDK??

            DC:

            I spoke to my insurance agent today. He said that an "additional insured" notation on the certificate of insurance means that if you cause some kind of injury or loss and the holder of the certificate is sued because of you that your insurance carrier will also defend him as well as you. My agent says there's no additional charge for this. (At least this is a Farmer's Insurance policy.) Your insurance may be different. But when I was in business in Ct my insurance there did the same thing and it didn't cost anything either.

            Not a big deal. IMO.
            Time flies like an arrow.

            Fruit flies like a banana.

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Certificate of Insurance?

              Had this weasly contractor call me 2 weeks ago..CODE RED! his guy was trying to remove a wall hung sink , went to shut off the angle stop , valve wouldn't shut off and sheared the 3/8" outlet off..I went there changed all 3 valves , new supply for the toilet also..5th story of a 15 story high rise..Maintenance did an emergency shut down so I could change the valves..Contractor was trying for the powder room valves as well..NO that has to be scheduled , blah, blah, blah..Return trip to replace shutoffs in powder room ..Oh why you're here can you replace the hall bath valves as well..Sure no problem.. Send me a bill for the whole job..both trips ..Ok no problem..BTW , can you send me a certificate of insurance..No problem you'll have it in 5 min...Still haven't been paid f***** *******..Owes my buddy money too but he works for a co. full time and can't do shut down work during the day..So basically I am this weasles backup..

              Sorry about the rant .Certificates of insurance are no big deal..My problem was with this guy..I am talking about a service call for god's sake..Told him since I am sending a certificate of insurance I guess I can be expexting A LOT more work ...Not even sure I really want his business seeings how the initial CODE RED was 2 weeks ago and still haven't received payment..F'n jerk
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Certificate of Insurance?

                Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                DC:

                I spoke to my insurance agent today. He said that an "additional insured" notation on the certificate of insurance means that if you cause some kind of injury or loss and the holder of the certificate is sued because of you that your insurance carrier will also defend him as well as you. My agent says there's no additional charge for this. (At least this is a Farmer's Insurance policy.) Your insurance may be different. But when I was in business in Ct my insurance there did the same thing and it didn't cost anything either.

                Not a big deal. IMO.
                It must be different here...my agent says if I add someone then they need more money...but just to provide proof that I am insured is no big deal...different strokes for different folks...
                Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                Derek

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Certificate of Insurance?

                  Originally posted by dcman View Post
                  It must be different here...my agent says if I add someone then they need more money...but just to provide proof that I am insured is no big deal...different strokes for different folks...
                  Interesting. If you don't mind, I'm curious, who is your insurance co? I wonder if it's a company to company decision about whether or not to add for the "Additional". Mine is Farmers here. In Connecticut it was Chub. (spelling?). Personally I would never use Chub again. Friggin WEASELS based on my experience.
                  Time flies like an arrow.

                  Fruit flies like a banana.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Certificate of Insurance?

                    Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                    Interesting. If you don't mind, I'm curious, who is your insurance co? I wonder if it's a company to company decision about whether or not to add for the "Additional". Mine is Farmers here. In Connecticut it was Chub. (spelling?). Personally I would never use Chub again. Friggin WEASELS based on my experience.
                    Auto owners insurance .... maybe my particular agent .....idk??
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                    Derek

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Certificate of Insurance?

                      plumber is scheduled to come out on tuesday, had no issues with the "additional insured". Let's hope all goes well. Wish me luck.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Certificate of Insurance?

                        This is funny. At least you want proof of insurance before the work starts. I get the request after the work is done. before they send the check.

                        nobody cares about insurance when water is coming out of walls or sewage is flooding a kitchen area. But they care before the money is sent.
                        Last edited by saysflushable; 04-08-2011, 09:42 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Certificate of Insurance?

                          If this is a job inside an individual condo, and contracted for by the homeowner, then I think the board needs to keep their nose out of it.

                          If the homeowner, or his contractor, damages common area property, then the homeowner has to answer to the hoa on that.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Certificate of Insurance?

                            Down here in sunny south florida land of the condo commando some buildings will not even let you into the building with both your vehicle and liability insurance provided. Even if you are just coming for an estimate

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X