X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain Cleanout Machines

I have a 4in 125 feet of sewer line that I would like to clean out at least once a year. I am looking to buy a drain clean out machine to be used at home. I am not a professional.
    I would like to have a professional advice on a good machine to buy. Can any one in this forum give me some advice on what machine and size cable to buy.
    JD

Re: Drain Cleanout Machines

use search function. breid................

Comment

K60 with 7/8 cable.
      sigpic

Comment

like we agreed in this thread http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36912

You need a KJ-3000 to properly clean your home sewer. It's safer than running a cable, and will do a very thorough job.

Good Day!
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
          like we agreed in this thread http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36912

You need a KJ-3000 to properly clean your home sewer. It's safer than running a cable, and will do a very thorough job.

Good Day!
          And since that puppy will set you back between $4k and $5k we have to ask...why does your main sewer need to be cleaned once a year? Why not spend a few hundred to have the whole length video taped..to get to the root of the problem...no pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
            And since that puppy will set you back between $4k and $5k we have to ask...why does your main sewer need to be cleaned once a year? Why not spend a few hundred to have the whole length video taped..to get to the root of the problem...no pun intended.
            I agree completely. It's a much better solution and won't result in you having to get your hands dirty all the time. Cleaning drains isn't exactly as easy as it seems. It's not very hard for someone to snap a cable in a pipe and then that'll cost you even more.

Do it right the first time and don't worry about buying any machines.
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
            X