Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

What is a good drain cleaning Machine to buy?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good drain cleaning Machine to buy?

I have a 4in 125 feet of sewer line that I would like to clean out at least once a year. I am looking to buy a drain clean out machine to be used at home. I am not a professional.
    I would like to have a professional advice on a good machine to buy. Can any one in this forum give me some advice on what machine and size cable to buy.
    JJ

When it comes to anything that needs to be done aground the house and I have the tools I do it myself. I do my own electric, plumbing, woodworking and auto work. I am a jack of all trades and master of none. If I need a tool to do the job I buy it. I don’t always buy the best but I will buy what will do the job right.
    JJ
    Last edited by jd6158; 03-18-2011, 09:46 PM. Reason: More info

Re: What is a good drain cleaning Machine to buy?

Originally posted by jd6158 View Post
    I have a 4in 125 feet of sewer line that I would like to clean out at least once a year. I am looking to buy a drain clean out machine to be used at home. I am not a professional.
    I would like to have a professional advice on a good machine to buy. Can any one in this forum give me some advice on what machine and size cable to buy.
    JJ

Sure go get you a K-7500 with 150' of 3/4" cable. I think that will run you around 2800.00. Have a great day

Comment

I would say just call a pro it maybe cheaper?
      125 foot sewer is going to require an expencive machine.
      Talk to a plumbing or drain company many offer discounts after the first cleaning for yearly maintenance
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

It really will take a lot of years of calling a plumber out annually to pay for a sewer machine. If you're dead set on doing it yourself you might consider renting one.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by jd6158 View Post
          JJ

Is your name Paul from 908 area code?
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
            It really will take a lot of years of calling a plumber out annually to pay for a sewer machine. If you're dead set on doing it yourself you might consider renting one.
            unless you find a good used machine, i too would suggest you rent one. sometimes home depot sells off their used rental machines. but i doubt those are auto fed units.

once a year is still a long payback time.

normally i would say a k-60, but not in your case

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X