X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Floor Hydronics

I have installed 1/2" track mount pex in a 1.5" pour, throughout my house... Excellent results! But a friend of mine has been told to install as a retrofit ... 3/8" pex between 4" or so, sleepers and to fill in the pipe area with thinset. I've never heard of this and want to know if he's being dupped. Apparently this system was developed and a book written in the 90's by a P Eng named Yorkie. I can't see this method as having a very good heat transfer coefficient. Anyone ever hear of him or this method and its performance?
    Thanks,
    D of E

Re: In Floor Hydronics

dukester. try www.heatinghelp.com. ask questions. as for the soldiers and mud go that part is correct. as for 3/8" tubing, idk. breid..............

Comment

Can't say it is correct but have seen it done. It seams to work untill the nails the flooring guys shot trough the pipes rusted. Not sure why the nailed to the thin set. Antique hardwood floors 8 Millon dollar house what fun

Comment

i was expecting them to nail to the sleepers. to much to ask i guess. breid..............

Comment

Working...
        X