Fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fittings

Yeah that doens't look like pex, I am 99% sure its PE as well and no that is not an approved joining method. Have him use a brass insert elbow with cinch rings or hose clamps. the Pex ring may not grab the fitting tight enough as the PE and Pex have different outside diameters.

Unless that is just the sleeve and the real good are inside of it? although i dont see how it can be?

Comment

looks like blue zurn pex to me.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

The pipe is 1 inch PE Endot Endopure
        I believe I am going to stop worring about it. If I keep going I will dry myself crazy figuring out which should have been done! I have also talked to a few plumbers here and they say teh PPSU elbow is used jsut as much as brass. Plumbers just have a preference as to what they used . One is just as good as the other.

Greenplumb, how woud you have installed it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
          Greenplumb, how woud you have installed it?

with a flo control fitting, which is an approved method to join PE pipe

the set up you have has PEX crimp rings and PEX fittings on PE pipe

The install is a fail.

From the manufacture
          Our Flo-Lock couplings and adapters make water service line installations easier than ever before and provide a leak-proof joint with less chance of pipe pullout. They allow for a reliable connection for Polyethylene, copper tube, or PVC pipes using our patented design.

Read more: Flo-Lock Couplings and Adapters http://www.ndspro.com/water-flow-man...#ixzz1ITdKSmaj

Comment

Until I see the writting on the pipe I'm going to say thats Pex pipe all the way.

You have a bad crimp where the pipe comes through the wall. I would not have left that on my job. He didn't leave enough pipe sticking out of the wall for you to cut it off and re-crimp it. I dont understand the mix of brass and plastic crimp fittings...maybe he is doing an experiment on your house

Comment

• EndoPure is produced from PE 4710 resin providing the strongest, most durable pipe available
              • EndoPure has a clear core of HDPE providing visible proof of quality and the assurance that no regrind materials have been used to produce EndoPure.
              • EndoPure is produced from HDPE resin with a 50 year track record of quality and performance. This is the same resin used for much of the gas pipe installed in the USA.
              • EndoPure is entirely compatible with all fittings and connectors made for HDPE water pipe and tubing.
              • EndoPure has continuous consecutive footage marks every two feet to assist in installation.
              • EndoPure is UV stabilized for protection from sunlight deterioration.
              • EndoPure printing is permanently embossed.
              • EndoPure is NSF Certified and meets AWWA C901 standards.
              • EndoPure is backed by the strongest WARRANTY in the industry. Endot Industries is so confident that EndoPure is the best, most durable pipe and tubing available we provide a Lifetime Warranty and a labor reimbursement 3 times that of other plastic pipe and tubing.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                Until I see the writting on the pipe I'm going to say thats Pex pipe all the way.

You have a bad crimp where the pipe comes through the wall. I would not have left that on my job. He didn't leave enough pipe sticking out of the wall for you to cut it off and re-crimp it. I dont understand the mix of brass and plastic crimp fittings...maybe he is doing an experiment on your house

Thanks you for saying it!!!
                Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

maybe he had what he had. lol. breid.........

Comment

Like I said, it is installed and working so I am not going to worry about it anymore. I am sure others have used the same. I think it would be silly to have removed and replaced.
                    Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                    maybe he had what he had. lol. breid.........

Comment

To me it appears to be Endopure PE coming through the foundation, and then after the 90 he used a PEX coupling to transition the material to PEX. If that's the case, I suspect that's not a legitimate or legal connection/transition anywhere. Have them fix it under warranty.

Why not use a good isolation valve at the foundation instead of ProFlo?
                      I use Apollo series 77 valves at meters and water heaters.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Geno
                        You are correct.

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                        To me it appears to be Endopure PE coming through the foundation, and then after the 90 he used a PEX coupling to transition the material to PEX. If that's the case, I suspect that's not a legitimate or legal connection/transition anywhere. Have them fix it under warranty.

Comment

Like I said, it is installed and working so I am not going to worry about it anymore. I am sure others have used the same. I think it would be silly to have removed and replaced.

Ronald, I did a lil editing

Like I said, it is installed wrong and working so i am not going to worry about it anymore. I have no idea but I am sure others have used the same. I think it would be silly to have PEX fittings and crimp rings removed and replaced from my brand new PE water line.

dont worry its silly.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post

I agree ProFlo valves are shi* ..Everyone I install leaks at the packing nuts..Like a ritual , remove the handle , tighten packing nut, replace handle ...every valve..Whenever I see Proflo on anything I run...
                            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You have a bad crimp at the very least...on a plastic fitting. Not good sir. If thats in your basement you might have a houseboat one day. The crimp ring on that PE pipe says pex if its really pe pipe. I have some Rehau pex that has the blue UV coating just like what your saying is Pe.

Comment

I guess I have a crappy installation that is worthless and going to leak! Might as well just take it all aout and start over.
                                Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                                I agree ProFlo valves are shi* ..Everyone I install leaks at the packing nuts..Like a ritual , remove the handle , tighten packing nut, replace handle ...every valve..Whenever I see Proflo on anything I run...

Comment

Working...
                                X