Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fittings

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
    I guess I have a crappy installation that is worthless and going to leak! Might as well just take it all aout and start over.
    Old1 is correct I've used a proflow pex valve once and had to replace it 6 months later. Their total crap and I wouldn't use them if they were free.

Comment

I guess I shoud have expected this many opinions since I asked. So I am not complaining.

OK, for the experts, tell me in detail and specific items that YOU would use. Don't be general but specific!

Comment

again, this is what i would use in your house,

a flo control fitting, which is an approved method to join PE pipe

From the manufacture
        Our Flo-Lock couplings and adapters make water service line installations easier than ever before and provide a leak-proof joint with less chance of pipe pullout. They allow for a reliable connection for Polyethylene, copper tube, or PVC pipes using our patented design.

Read more: Flo-Lock Couplings and Adapters http://www.ndspro.com/water-flow-man...#ixzz1ITdKSmaj

Comment

You just show a fitting. Tell me What and How you would install when it comes out of the wall .

Comment

Endot endopure is not intended for indoor use and from what I've read its not compatible with pex crimp rings.....what is the pressure rating of that endot endopure pipe you used? 200 psi at 73.5 degrees? Theres a 12% derating of pressure for every 10 degree temperture change up or DOWN.

Comment

ENDOT is actually rated 250PSQ. I called the company (the one in Greeneville, TN) and they stated the install of their pipe to terminate inside the wall is perfectly accepted and approved. PEX copepr crimp rings is one of the accpeted crimping methods. The only piece of ENDOT that is fully inside is the 3 inch transition piece before the cut off valve. I am getting alot of negative feedback of teh installation, but No one has stepped up and told me exactly what and how they would install it.

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              Endot endopure is not intended for indoor use and from what I've read its not compatible with pex crimp rings.....what is the pressure rating of that endot endopure pipe you used? 200 psi at 73.5 degrees? Theres a 12% derating of pressure for every 10 degree temperture change up or DOWN.

Comment

ENDOT is actually rated 250PSQ. I called the company (the one in Greeneville, TN) and they stated the install of their pipe to terminate inside the wall is perfectly accepted and approved. PEX copepr crimp rings is one of the accpeted crimping methods. The only piece of ENDOT that is fully inside is the 3 inch transition piece before the cut off valve. I am getting alot of negative feedback of teh installation, but No one has stepped up and told me exactly what and how they would install it.
                Their website says different. Now I just stepped up. Would you like a link to it?

Comment

Ronald, if you want to know exactly how to do correctly I can give you my Paypal infomation. The fee will be reasonable.

Ive givin you enuff info and showed you the fitting that could solve all the problems.

Ive done enuff for you now

Please post up pic's if you get the problem fixed

Comment

Hey Ron, don't swett it. It will still be there long after you and I are dead and gone. As for how we would do it, well that all depends on what stock was on the truck that day, where the nearest supply house is and what they have on the shelf and our experience or lack thereof.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, real funny. I didn't think someone would step and tell how THEY would install it. It may not be installed to your liking but that doesn't make it wrong.
                      I am not going to change it at this point. It works and would be foolish to change now base on someone's personal preference.

Originally posted by GreenPlumb View Post
                      Ronald, if you want to know exactly how to do correctly I can give you my Paypal infomation. The fee will be reasonable.

Ive givin you enuff info and showed you the fitting that could solve all the problems.

Ive done enuff for you now

Please post up pic's if you get the problem fixed

Comment

And just curious, why would you edit my post? You are putting words in I did not write!
                        Originally posted by GreenPlumb View Post
                        Ronald, I did a lil editing

Like I said, it is installed wrong and working so i am not going to worry about it anymore. I have no idea but I am sure others have used the same. I think it would be silly to have PEX fittings and crimp rings removed and replaced from my brand new PE water line.

dont worry its silly.

Comment

Yeah, real funny. I didn't think someone would step and tell how THEY would install it. It may not be installed to your liking but that doesn't make it wrong.
                          I am not going to change it at this point. It works and would be foolish to change now base on someone's personal preference.

Ronald, Im not sure you understand.

Professional Plumbers DO NOT install PE with PEX FITTINGS AND CRIMP RINGS. Its not Approved, dont take my word for it ...

CALL BACK THE MANUFACTURE AND ASK THEM, they will tell you the same.

What you have there is a hack job.

Comment

Here is the link.
                            http://www.endot.com/support/endopure/1

Then click and download the application notes.....read the first few paragraphs. Its not for indoor plumbing system use.

That plastic fitting with the bad crimp may fail.....I wouldn't leave it. It puts stress on the fitting and it will eventually fail.

Comment

And just curious, why would you edit my post? You are putting words in I did not write!

I was tryin to ": guide you to the light" but i dont think you see it.

remember all of this was an attempt to HELP YOU.

your welcome

Comment

What is the negative side of using the Crimp ring? Do they not hold or what?

Comment

Working...
                                X