1/2 HP Sewage Pump continues to run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 HP Sewage Pump continues to run

We had a basement bathroom put in about a year ago. The bathroom is used very little. We put a Ridgid pump in. 1st month it seemed to run ok but after that it would continue to run and not shut off. I would unplug it and wait 15 minutes, plug it back in when I wanted to use it and unplug it if it continued to run. I called someone to look at it in December 2010. They said it had some dirt on the sensor. For about 2 months it worked fine and now its back to the same thing. It will continue to run until I unplug it. If I wait for 15 minutes, plug it in again it will be ok until the next time its used. This is getting tiring. Is there something wrong with this pump? We bought it from Home Depot and I'm frustrated. Please help.

Re: 1/2 HP Sewage Pump continues to run

Take it back to homedepot and get a Zoeller
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Waste builds up on this pump and overhangs onto the sensor causing the pump to constantly run. I made a cap for this pump that does not allow the waste to build up. When your pump constantly runs you will need to open the tank and clean the sensor and any build up on top of the pump. I notified the manufacturer about this widespread problem and sent him info on how I solved it but they were not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill The Plumber View Post
        I notified the manufacturer about this widespread problem and sent him info on how I solved it but they were not interested.
        Typical response.

The problem with engineers are...they are arrogant and over think things. How dare you come up with a common sense way to fix their mistake.

Comment

Working...
        X