X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing my Spartan 2001 with K-60, K-1500A or K-1500SPA

I would like to retire my Spartan 2001 drum machine and begin using a sectional machine. Most mains in my area are 4" - 6". Can a K-60 replace the Spartan 2001 or would a K-1500 be the better all-around choice? Also, for a couple hundred dollars more, would the 1 horse power K-1500SPA be a better choice than the standard 3/4 horsepower K-1500A. Normally I would pick the more powerful 1 HP K-1500SPA, but that motor draws 15 AMPS versus the standard 3/4 HP K-1500A only draws 10 AMPS and I don't want to be popping fuses or circuit breakers, etc... Thanks for your input.

Re: Replacing my Spartan 2001 with K-60, K-1500A or K-1500SPA

I will bite I have a k-60 and love it I also had a ridgid K-7500 kind of like the spartin not much diffrence now I will say the k-60 can rod in 6" with IC cable but not highly rec. to do that. It roddes 1 1/2" - 4" no problems. The k-1500 will rodd 4",6" and 8" but not much smaller . Like I said I do love my k-60 a lot less in whieght and smaller foot print in van plus IT is multi purpus it uses 7/8" cable for mains and 5/8" cables for sinks and smaller stuff . hope that helps and good luck
    Attached Files
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Not saying you have to buy a 60 or 1500 to replace your spartan ..All I know is I have both..That pretty well covers the spectrum for my drain cleaning needs ..Well untill I pull the trigger on the jetter ..that's another story..Only issue I hear from guys that use to run drums that now run sectionals is that they don't / can't get use to not having a self feed ..so if you need a self feed to clean drains stick to the drums ....
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

also, most drummers butts are conditioned to a 5 gal bucket. if you are in that group, well here you are and there you go. breid...............

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
          also, most drummers butts are conditioned to a 5 gal bucket. If you are in that group, well here you are and there you go. Breid...............

...h8tr...:d
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            Not saying you have to buy a 60 or 1500 to replace your spartan ..All I know is I have both..That pretty well covers the spectrum for my drain cleaning needs ..Well untill I pull the trigger on the jetter ..that's another story..Only issue I hear from guys that use to run drums that now run sectionals is that they don't / can't get use to not having a self feed ..so if you need a self feed to clean drains stick to the drums ....
            i know i can feed 90' of 7/8'' sectional faster than i can auto feed 90' of 3/4'' drum cable.

like i've said hundreds of times, the k-60 from truck to c/o and back in the truck is on average faster. looked at a job today that's 90 steps up to the front door/ cleanout. that's getting jetted like i did 5 years ago the last time i was there.

but normally the k-60 is a 1 man job and there is not 1 job that ever required a second person. unless they want to go on a training mission or are my photographer

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X