X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet double flush

Two toilets on first floor of home flush okay but as the bowl is refiling it empties again before it is full. This started happening on one unit about six months ago. The second one started a few weeks ago. Experts, is this a vent issue? I have augured both units but didn't see and obstruction. Thanks

Re: Toilet double flush

usually it's from using the wrong flapper.

if you recently installed a flapper, then that's the issue.

is the bowl water level at the riht height, or is it lower than normal after the toilet stops?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      usually it's from using the wrong flapper.

if you recently installed a flapper, then that's the issue.

is the bowl water level at the riht height, or is it lower than normal after the toilet stops?

rick.
      Bingo! Rick

The real trick imo is to be able to raise the overflow enough so that after the 2nd flush the bowl fills to the right height. So the next time they flush it actually flushes. (Intended for long runs only.)
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Thanks Rick, I have replaced the flappers in the last year. I used the kind that has a sealant where you press the new seat and flapper into the original seat, but I replaced them a year ago. Water levels are the same in the tank and the bowls fill to normal after the second flush. I'll go ahead and replace the flapper assembly with oem. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X