Cast Iron to ABS under slab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast Iron to ABS under slab

Looking to get a detail of the proper way to connect CI to ABS under a slab.

From what I've been able to look up: Use a full body wrap no-hub connector to join the CI to ABS. Bed the ABS in 6" of sand and deep enough to come up at least over the horizontal mid point as to minimize the deflection. Cover with dirt, no rock, then pour the slab. While of course maintaining at a minimum the 1/4" per foot drain slope.

Sound right? Missing any details?

Re: Cast Iron to ABS under slab

Originally posted by mtne View Post
    Looking to get a detail of the proper way to connect CI to ABS under a slab.

From what I've been able to look up: Use a full body wrap no-hub connector to join the CI to ABS. Bed the ABS in 6" of sand and deep enough to come up at least over the horizontal mid point as to minimize the deflection. Cover with dirt, no rock, then pour the slab. While of course maintaining at a minimum the 1/4" per foot drain slope.

Sound right? Missing any details?
    How far under the slab...if within a foot...I put back 3/4" clean rock to about 4" below the exsisting floor then pour back..otherwise sounds good to me, the way you described...
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

It's within a foot of the bottom of the slab. I pulled up the last four feet before the main riser.

Comment

Fernco coupling with a shear ring
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

on piping larger than 2'' it has to be a rated transition band for cast to plastic. 2'' and smaller, a normal no hub band is acceptable under the upc.

no all rubber bands. they have to have a shear ring or a mechanical joint coupling.

outside the structure of the home, they can be all rubber.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Hey Rick, this is for 3".... do they make it easy to know it's appropriately rated? Any ANSI number to look for?

Comment

if in doubt go to a supply house like you would to get a buck transformer. breid..............

Comment

Fair enough.....

Comment

Originally posted by mtne View Post
                  Hey Rick, this is for 3".... do they make it easy to know it's appropriately rated? Any ANSI number to look for?

a cp33 is the transition band for 3'' cast to 3'' plastic.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X