X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water blowing from air gap !!

Customer said when You come , add this to list. What's the best way to fix this one , please ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Water blowing from air gap !!

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Customer said when You come , add this to list. What's the best way to fix this one , please ?
    Years ago I recall taking one apart and cleaning the disk and seat. No problems after.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

dishwasher or rpz device?

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
        dishwasher or rpz device?
        Sorry, dish washer. I have a super vee top gun and 1/4" jetter I can use.Just never experienced this one problem. Should I disconect air gap with hoses and jet in yard? Thanks in advance.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Disconnect the air gap ..Throw it in the garbage ..Use the hole for a soap dispenser, instant hot , etc. or simply put a cock hole cover there ..Reconnect the dishwasher hose directly to the disposal by first looping the discharge hose to the underside of the counter top..Done
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            Disconnect the air gap ..Throw it in the garbage ..Use the hole for a soap dispenser, instant hot , etc. or simply put a cock hole cover there ..Reconnect the dishwasher hose directly to the disposal by first looping the discharge hose to the underside of the counter top..Done
            Great idea, they'll love the soap dispenser!

Comment

not legal.

simple fix. the disposal neck of the inlet is plugged with food/ slime.

pop the top of the air gap off and insert a coat hanger/ welding rod and bend the end over so it's not sharp. run the rod back and forth into the air gap via the larger 7/8'' side and into the disposal. use water to help flush it out as you ream the hose/ disposal clean.

a 2 minute job and everything is clean and still legal

this one's just a double double , fries and shake tool

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Been legal in my state for years ..I should have checked where you are from ...
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Every time this subject comes up, I have to laugh because I've maybe seen 2 installed in my career.

I didn't even know how to clean them out.

Comment

Check to see if they changed the disposal recently. They could have forgotten to knock the disk out of the new unit.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      not legal.

simple fix. the disposal neck of the inlet is plugged with food/ slime.

pop the top of the air gap off and insert a coat hanger/ welding rod and bend the end over so it's not sharp. run the rod back and forth into the air gap via the larger 7/8'' side and into the disposal. use water to help flush it out as you ream the hose/ disposal clean.

a 2 minute job and everything is clean and still legal

this one's just a double double , fries and shake tool

rick.
                      Thanks, salad and ice tea ! Someone will need a papa some day !

Comment

Working...
                      X