Pressure Regulator or Something else?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Regulator or Something else?

I live in a 8-unit condominium, and I've recently and suddenly noticed a marked decrease in the water pressure when taking showers. That's the only locale that I can detect a reduction in pressure. I checked the bank of water pressure regulators, and I haven't noticed anything visibly different about the one for my unit. There does appear to be a brand new pressure regulator installed on my neighbor's system, so that leads me to believe that mine may also have gone bad and needs to be replaced. I've no idea how old the regulator is. I tried to raise the pressure manually, but it may have already been set at the maximum level.

Any ideas or suggestions on what I should do next?

Re: Pressure Regulator or Something else?

Originally posted by monched View Post
    I live in a 8-unit condominium, and I've recently and suddenly noticed a marked decrease in the water pressure when taking showers. That's the only locale that I can detect a reduction in pressure. I checked the bank of water pressure regulators, and I haven't noticed anything visibly different about the one for my unit. There does appear to be a brand new pressure regulator installed on my neighbor's system, so that leads me to believe that mine may also have gone bad and needs to be replaced. I've no idea how old the regulator is. I tried to raise the pressure manually, but it may have already been set at the maximum level.

Any ideas or suggestions on what I should do next?
    Buy a pressure gauge and test your pressure.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Are there internal pressure gauges? Are those specialty items or can I pick something like that up at a hardware store?

Comment

most common hardware pressure gages are the ones that attach to a hose bibb.

screw it on and get a static reading/ meaning nothing running or filling and check the pressure.

then turn on a sink or flush a toilet and check the pressure to see the drop off reading.

post your results and we'll get it figured out. also make sure the main shut off valve is fully open too.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X