X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strap Wrench #5

this probably isn't the right place for this, but i don't see a "general questions" area.

i have a rigid no.5 strap wrench and i was wondering how do i remove the strap to replace it? i looked at it, and saw two clips that look they could be removed, but wanted to ask before i tried it.

i searched the forum for "strap wrench" but only questions about how to use this tool showed up.

Re: Strap Wrench #5

Most strap wrenches r pretty cheap so I just replace the whole thing but I am not sure what a # 5 is. If it is expensive I could be wrong .
    The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Originally posted by ericg2000 View Post
      this probably isn't the right place for this, but i don't see a "general questions" area.

i have a rigid no.5 strap wrench and i was wondering how do i remove the strap to replace it? i looked at it, and saw two clips that look they could be removed, but wanted to ask before i tried it.

i searched the forum for "strap wrench" but only questions about how to use this tool showed up.
      Drive the pin that is holding the strap out with a punch, replace the strap then drive the pin back in.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

fyi, never had good luck with the cloth webbing type of strap wrenches as they tend to slip.

my choice of strap wrenches are the vinyl covered ones or the cheap rubber strap ones that grip. i even have some rubber insert slip joint pliers.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick I agree with you. I have never had much luck with them either. Actually they r a pain in the butt .
          The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

My #5 was great for changing the oil filter on my Ford diesel.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

ToUtahNow is right.
              Just drive the pin out and pop in a new strap.

If you are having problems with the strap Ridgid makes two straps for this wrench one is for plastic and seems to grab a bit better. The strap for that one is more of a bright yellow than the super light yellow. We have customers who use the plastic strap for this reason.

The standard strap is Cat# 32050
              The plastic strap is Cat# 32065

Hope this helps

Comment

i got it out. just took a hammer and screw driver to the pin and it popped right out.

Comment

Working...
                X